Emotiva Gets It...Even in the Small Things

Youthman

• Moderators

I just had my first experience with Emotiva Customer Service. I emailed them because after 4 months of owning the UMC-1, the "Vol" text has rubbed off on my remote. I emailed and asked them if that was to be expected and the following day, I received a very nice, professional letter from Nick in Customer Service saying that was "not normal wear" and that the screen print should not rub off. He immediately shipped a replacement remote that day and I received it today (2 days later) with a return UPS label.

In my book, Customer Service should rank as high of priority as providing a Quality Product. Emotiva seems to have that same philosophy.

We too often read about when companies don't get it right so I wanted to make sure I shared about how Emotiva got it right. From what I've read from others and from this first experience, I believe Emotiva places Customer Service at the top of their priority list. My hats off to the folks at Emotiva.

I talked with Dan back when they first started up.He gave me his email and said let me know your thoughts on our products and business whenever you like.I'm thinkin Denon and Onkyo could care less what I think cause I've gripped about them for years, lol.

I'm glad you had a good experience with Emotiva, in todays world you'll not get much better treatment from a company.

I just had my first experience with Emotiva Customer Service. I emailed them because after 4 months of owning the UMC-1, the "Vol" text has rubbed off on my remote. I emailed and asked them if that was to be expected and the following day, I received a very nice, professional letter from Nick in Customer Service saying that was "not normal wear" and that the screen print should not rub off. He immediately shipped a replacement remote that day and I received it today (2 days later) with a return UPS label.

In my book, Customer Service should rank as high of priority as providing a Quality Product. Emotiva seems to have that same philosophy.

We too often read about when companies don't get it right so I wanted to make sure I shared about how Emotiva got it right. From what I've read from others and from this first experience, I believe Emotiva places Customer Service at the top of their priority list. My hats off to the folks at Emotiva.

I live about 20 miles from the Emotiva headquarters, and I have used their customer service. They are good people [Y][Y]

And Emofest is a blast if you get the opportunity to attend.

I agree, my ERC-1 started having static in one channel after a few years and I called them about it. They had a label shipped out to me in a few days and they replaced a cap or resistor in it and had it shipped back all within a few weeks. I also had something weird happen to one of my metal remotes and they drop shipped me a new one the same day. They are top notch!

• Moderators

Be sure you wipe off the fingernail polish remover from your hands before using the next one.

I'm busted [:P]

....or food grease. (fries, pizza, etc.)

Actually, I don't allow any food or drink in the HT. We've only had one popcorn night. I know, I'm the mean dad but with 4 children, three of which are 7 - 10, they always make a mess and would surely end up spilling or wiping stuff on the leather seats and carpet.

It's great to know there are still a few companies that will do whatever it takes to keep their customers happy. Most companies just look at the bottom line and miss the fact that by going above and beyond, equates to loyal customers, referrals and in the long run, much more money for them.

As I had anticipated, Nick was very prompt in his reply. :) Below was his response...

Edit....I didn't see the privacy notice in the email they sent. You will need to just contact Emo directly. My bad. LOL

The missing email response WAS posted in my email . I will call them soon and see how to figure out which firmare is on it to see if sending it in is worthwhile or necessary for the remote

Thanks YM I appreciate the help