Do you want to be our friend?

Trey Cannon

Hey Trey, first time I stopped by looking at the Klipsch forum in quite a while. Don't really do the social network thing, but am interested if Klipsch is showing any more interest in the pro (portable) sound market. I'm still doing shows from time to time, but mostly sub out whatever gear the client wants. I haven't really been using my full KP600 rig as I usually have to sub out a preferred line array and whatever digital console is the flavor of the year.

I can say we used only Klipsch speakers for all our concerts and festivals from 1973-2006. Still use the KP600 system, if I can. We went from pre pro La Scalas and Heresys to MCMs/LSIs/HISMs to KP600s/KP456s/KSM-15s. Our last final system still looks like new - all impeccably maintained top to bottom. If you know anyone that might be interested in picking up probably the most tricked out, packaged KP600 rig ever put together, please let me know. It already paid for itself long ago and I'll deal. All flying hardware, Cloud 9 covers, KP600EC crossovers, cabling, efficient amp rack system, custom, panels, etc. I really don't use it enough to keep it anymore. Also, I have tons of spare KP600 parts from labels, grill cloth, nuts, screws, bolts, drivers, and diaphragms to go along with it. I even have all the original boxes and manuals for every piece of racked gear. I have stacks of Klipsch Pro brochures, KP600 manuals, even a full copy of the stress test data on the 600s, pics of the prototypes we tested, etc.

Originally I hadn't thought about breaking all the system apart and was trying to see if I could find a buyer for the turnkey KP600 rig. It's a full 8-stack 600 rig (8 KP650HF-A, 8 KP650LF-A, 4 KP680-A, and 2 KP682-A) all with covers, wheel trays, and complete flying rig (all but the chain motors). All amps are Carver PT1250s, all Whirlwind EP cabling, Ram Sound custom fused input panels, etc. You could just plug the output of a new digital console into left and right inputs and you'd have a system capable of providing concert sound for 6,000+ people. I'll even throw in all the AC/Hubble power cabling. Every single piece is in absolute perfect condition.

Besides the main house rig, we have 12 KSM-15IIs all in ATA cases that hold 4 each and 2 KP456As that comprised our monitor rig. Any chance Klipsch would like a mint, ready to go, cased up demo rig of something cool from their past? This rig worked with unbelievable national acts through the years and still sounds better than 90% of what you can buy today.

This is great stuff, Trey!! Thanks for posting . . . .

When can we see more info on the new commercial speakers? I see we now have a Ki-396 and a Ki-52, but no info is available on the site.

Looks like we're going to have more terrrific speakers to add to our collections. We need more . . . .

Thanks,

Bill

Trey, drop me a note at RamSound@me.com and I'll send you a pdf list of the 600 system and some pics. The house and monitor system packaging is very efficiently designed, similar to the 600 system itself. Very easy to move and set up, efficient and lightweight. Our entire KP600 system is powered by one rack (includes 2 KP600EC) that two people can pick up. The entire 8-stack 600 system can run off of just (2) 30-amp 120V circuits. I've done sound for 8-10K people outdoors and never tripped a breaker. I've even had to physically prove to guest engineers it was all running on just two 120V circuits. Efficient amps, efficient speakers means less weight and AC power.

The entire monitor system (12) KSM-15IIs, (2) KP456s also runs off of one double wide rack two people can pick up. It has 12 amps (6x2 ch.), 10 Klark-Teknik EQs, 8 Klark-Teknik comps, and custom AC and speaker connector panels and multi-pin patch to monitor board. It can run off (2) 20-amp circuits. All racks and accessory cases are 25"x 45" for easy truck pack and accessory cases stack (2 on 2). Our entire system packs in two stacked accessory cases (all PD, mics, cabling, stands, etc.), two amp racks, along with two consoles and FOH acc. rack - all on HD casters. Pass the word.

Thanks, Bob