SW-112 vs SW-115

ivanhurd

Which would you go with? I use my HT for mostly watching movies, very little music.

No one on the forum has come forward with any personal reviews of the SW-115 so I will just give an educated guess. Get the SW-115 over the SW-112. For HT, in most instances, bigger is usually better.

Bill

sw112 has response to 26hz ± 3dB

the discontinued rw12d was 24hz ± 3dB (I am confused why they went backwards with the new lineup?)

sw115 has response to 18hz ± 3dB and is 5db louder at 30hz than the sw112

since stacking subs only nets +6db in a perfect situation it would be equal at best then less productive the lower it goes and more expensive

The thought is that 2 subs properly integrated would surpass one bigger sub. Two subs with different placement will help balance out peaks and nulls due to a rooms acoustic.

I could not agree more when the main application is music but his primary use is for HT and twin SW-112's will not dig any deeper than one SW-112 and definitely not more than a single SW-115. Get one SW-115 and run it through it's paces and give us your opinion, then if $$$'s permit, add another to help balance out the room and add some more dB's in the process.

Bill

The thought is that 2 subs properly integrated would surpass one bigger sub. Two subs with different placement will help balance out peaks and nulls due to a rooms acoustic.

Right, but different placements will drop the spl even more so likely the only improvement then will be the balance, your then looking at lower spl all around and under 26hz it probably wont be close then on top of it is the added cost, if the room needs it I would look to other companies to entertain my sub needs as there are alot of dual choices that would yield greater benefits, or look into room treatments

I can't say I've dealt with either of these two subs but did have dual rw12d's at one point, and it was to try to tame the room, most people would probably be happy with those, but then again we aren't most people...

I've thought about it, but I heard the 112 and I was very satisfied with it. I also liked the small footprint of it. I also like the idea of having everything one brand. I know this might not be ideal for a lot of people, but it's just one of those things for me.

completely understandable. Klipsch makes a good sub but i just feel they are overpriced for the performance they give. That is just a personal opinion though. I would get the biggest sub you can fit/afford and get 2 of them to help even out room response by placing them (for example) on the left and right side of your left/right speakers.

I'm probably just going to go for one 115 for now. I doubt I'll ever get a second one, but who knows. I guess it depends on if I happen to find a good deal on one when I have some extra money laying around. I still have a new receiver and TV to buy =^P

I could not agree more when the main application is music but his primary use is for HT and twin SW-112's will not dig any deeper than one SW-112 and definitely not more than a single SW-115. Get one SW-115 and run it through it's paces and give us your opinion, then if $$$'s permit, add another to help balance out the room and add some more dB's in the process.

Bill

Agreed. 2 subs doesn't mean it would go lower in frequency.

would you consider other brands of subs? There is a ton of competition out there and alot are great values for your money

svs's pb-12nsd was mentioned in the sw-115 opening thread. a gentleman had the sw-112, and returned it to get the svs-pb12nsd, and said hands down a way better subwoofer. i would defenitely explore some other options over klipsch's new subs. unless you can find an older rsw one.