Crazy Impulse Buy

willland

The best word to describe the picture is "liquid". I am currently watching/listening to the BD of Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City Music Hall and it looks like I could reach right into the screen and shake their hands.

[Y]

post-15702-13819711379274_thumb.jpg

post-15702-13819734091136_thumb.jpg

post-15702-13819764051334_thumb.jpg

post-15702-13819790856378_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the new TV! That was a hell of a deal you got on that! I have always been a huge fan of Samsung. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to their plasma stuff, but from what I seen at BB, I do know what you are talking about when you say fluid. The refresh rate on them is crazy! I have an LN46A650 I got about 3 years ago and I gotta say I have been most impressed with Samsung TVs. The colors just seem more vibrant and the ToC Red I think goes fairly well with Cherry speakers.

When is movie night? I just got a new popcorn popper I need to test out.

make sure you upgrade the firmware as there was brightness "pops" in the earlier firmwares. The latest firmware eliminates it.

Can I upgrade the firmware wireless through the SMART TV hub, or do I have to use a USB?

Bill

You can upgrade wirelessly through internet. through Network in menu. You need wireless router to connect to.

Sorry Williand I wasn't home when I answered and couldn't remember sequence to get connected.

Hit Menu > then Network > Then Network settings > Start > Highlight Wireless ....hit start > Highlight your wireless network > add password .

Once connected

Menu > Support > software upgrade > by online......it should start downloading upgrade if available or necessary.

Hope that helps

• Moderators

Sorry Williand I wasn't home when I answered and couldn't remember sequence to get connected.

Hit Menu > then Network > Then Network settings > Start > Highlight Wireless ....hit start > Highlight your wireless network > add password .

Strange...I thought it was Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. [:P]

Once connected

Menu > Support > software upgrade > by online......it should start downloading upgrade if available or necessary.

Hope that helps

Joker,

Thanks for the links and all your help. I tried to update and system said no updates available, my current firmware is 001003. If you know different let me know.

Bill

Joker,

Thanks for the links and all your help. I tried to update and system said no updates available, my current firmware is 001003. If you know different let me know.

Bill

My firmware is 1015 on the 51D6500. It appears from reading that 1014.6 is latest for 59D6500.

Make suree your connected to internet....maybe check the smart hub apps to make sure they are working before updating. From my understanding it was the 1014.6 update that rectified the brightness "pops" that some tvs had.

Where are those pics at? Big Smile

I took a couple of pictures but with the low lighting in the room you could not make out any detail of the TV itself. It has been overcast/stormy all weekend and I don't want to use a flash due to obvious reflections on the screen. I will try again on Monday with natural lighting to show the TV itself and then again in a dark room showing picture quality.

Bill

Okay a partial lecture is due.Embarrassed 36 months no interest but we are shooting for 3 months.Yes

I buy almost all my stuff this way , but what I do is take the amount due and divide into how many months Ihave to pay it off , and make sure I dont miss a payment. If I have extra $ I dump it on there also because I cant stand to owe . I just did some furniture for 36 months and paid it off in 6 months.Nothing wong with 0 % interest .

• Moderators

I just did some furniture for 36 months and paid it off in 6 months.

When my wife and I first got married, we did the same thing. We bought our living room set for $1200.00 with 1 year no interest. I thought, without a doubt, we can easily pay this set off within 12 months. Life happened, kicked us in the tail, unexpected expenses etc....and it wasn't until a few years later that we were able to pay it off. Too many "Lesson learned the hard way" for me.

Nothing wong with 0 % interest .

I agree...I just choose to save up and pay cash. That way the math ALWAYS works out as 0% interest. [:D]

Honestly Bill, no lecture from me bro. I'm happy for you. It's your money. You can choose to spend it however you wish. Since you are in a generous mood, wanna pick one up for me too? [:P]