Amplifier advice....

I agree that these problems can occur with any amp. I have just seen the frustration that other forum members have had with the Emotiva amps. You pay good money for a new toy and then have to deal with hiss, hums and the likes. There are a great number of members that have Emotiva amps without any problems. Good luck with locating the problemSmile.

That's probably cause they sold a blue million of them.I have owned three Emotiva amps with no issue at all, dead silent, unlike some others I have owned.I doubt they would be selling too many if they were not one of the very best buys in audio gear.The kids at avs would have burned the warehouse down by now.Just for the record I have had several Rotels, Bk's, Outlaws, Parasound, Adcom, Sherwood/Newcastle, Carver, Onkyo, just in the last several years.I have the Emotiva because overall it can hang with any of them. FIVE year warranty is nice too.

Well guys i got the amp it came just as described got it hooked up and gave it a listen.Tell the truth i dont know but i think i liked the sound of the Adcom better.This sounds just like my reciever except it alot louder.Even the wife said it doesnt sound as good as the adcom.the Adcom sounded much cleaner and crisp or maybe what you guys refer to as" Brite".Ewww i dont know i see if it grows on me.

post-56427-13819712617796_thumb.jpg

This is not an amplifier issue; I just thought I'd suggest that you move your speakers ahead of any objects placed between them, so that they can "see" each other.

This may help your stereo imaging.

Sometimes it take a little time to adjust to new equipment since our ears are biased to our old setup. I like to use EQ on a couple of my preset to bring out the instruments that I fill are lacking in SQ, for a particular genre of music. Autocalibration get's you into the ball park but, only you know what you really like. Sorry to hear that you are not impressed with your purchase. I would not think about another amp just yet!

Tell the truth i dont know but i think i liked the sound of the Adcom better.This sounds just like my reciever except it alot louder.Even the wife said it doesnt sound as good as the adcom.the Adcom sounded much cleaner and crisp or maybe what you guys refer to as" Brite".

I can understand that. As much as I like the "warmer" B&K amps I have owned, with my Reference setup I like the "brighter" Acurus amps for HT and in some instances for music. I think the "warmer" B&K's sound better with the Heritage gear I own/owned.

Ewww i dont know i see if it grows on me.

I am sure it will. Try running your center from the right channel of the Adcom and use the Sunfire for your fronts and surrounds and see what you get. It may get you "crisper" dialog for movies, which I happen to prefer myself.

Bill

I have tried a Bob Carver amp before and I really enjoyed it. It was a very warm and smooth sounding amp that I really enjoyed. I imagine that the Sunfire sounds similar. I bet it rocks for music. I loved my Carver for music, but I did find it too smooth sounding for movies.