SW-310 vs SW-112

akdave

This is an exciting day for me, I ordered home theater speakers from my local dealer today. (finally!!) RF 7II's, RC 64, and RS 62 II surrounds. I read a lot on this forum and have only ever posted one other time. Thank you for the knowledge you all share it has been huge in my decision process! My next question is the sub. I'm looking at the SW-310 and/or the SW-112. Can anyone help me who has experience between the two?

Lastly, I currently own the RW 10-d and was thinking of using it for a second sub. (maybe back of the room) I'm looking for pros and cons of this also. Thank you all in advance!

sw-310

• FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
    24Hz-120Hz ± 3dB

• MAX ACOUSTIC OUTPUT:
    116dB @ 30Hz

sw-112

• FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
    26Hz-120Hz ± 3dB

• MAX ACOUSTIC OUTPUT:
    116dB @ 30Hz

your klipsch rw10d

• FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
    28-120Hz +/-3dB

• MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT:
    112dB @ 30Hz

very little difference between the 3 in terms of capability

Congrats on the purchase of the awesome new speakers....There really isn't enough difference between these subs to make it worthwhile, and under normal circumstances I won't recommend any of them. Under this circumstance I can say this, give your new sweet setup a real brute of a sub to match your slick top tier speakers. I wouldn't go with anything less than a sw-115 so that you can at least get some sub 20hz rumble and keep up with the rest of your setup, my suggestion is sell the rw10d for whatever you can and get a sw115 or greater sub, if you haven't allowed a good budget for the sub yet my suggestion then is to save and wait

sw-115
  • FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
    18Hz-150Hz ± 3dB

• MAX ACOUSTIC OUTPUT:
    121dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1m

epik, ed, hsu, svs, rythmik are a bunch of internet direct companies that can give you a huge bang for your buck as well when looking into subs

Thanks for the feedback derrick. My goal is for clean, tight bass, but there has to be some rumble in the movies too. If the RF7II's can hit 30Hz, then it would make sense to go for a sub that's going to descend well below that. My dealer can order that for me so I won't have to cover the shipping I would on some of the internet direct subs. (And like I mentioned - they have a sale going right now as well...) The SW 115 may be moving to the front of the line. The sub has been my sticking point for this whole set up from the get go. I really wish they made a SW 312! I appreciate all of your responses.

And the SW 115 is on the way! Elited thanks for laying out the specs so clearly that helped a lot. This will be a far cry from my first HT sub which was a DCM 1515. I know - it was awful!

your welcome, and hopefully you enjoy it, its always easier to see everything side by side (I always just open up new ie tabs and compare side by side from there)

this sub should be a sweet difference from the 10d (I've had 10d's and 12d's in my setup already testing for myself and others) I doubt you'll be disappointed [Y]

Ha ha, I'm definitely going to. I'm just not sure when it's going to happen. I have to save my allowance so it may take 2-3 months since I don't think I can talk my wife into letting me use our shared funds for another sub that I really don't *need* =^P And yes, my wife has an allowance too. I had to set it up that way so she would stop spending so much, heh.

I may even end up trying out the wireless thing for the sw-115 as I don't want to cut any more holes in the walls, and I would have to run a wire directly thru a walkway...although looking at it I may have just come up with a solution since there is a kid gate there I could run it along the bottom bar of that, ha!

Awesome. I'm sure you'll like the 115. I want to get a second one!

well if you get a second 15 incher... that means I have to get a second one.

And I'll have to get another one, too!
  • Like 1