best prices for Klipsch speakers

tpg

If you would tell us exactly how much money you are going to have when you are ready to spend it would be a big help.

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

Your best prices are going to come from unauthorized dealers, most likely, such as www.sounddistributors.com and www.acousticsounddesign.com. Sometimes you can take their prices to an authorized distributor as a bargaining tool, but I wouldn't expect them to match them. However, they might come within a tolerable percentage!

Doug

------------------

My System

Doug,

When buying from these "unauthorized dealers", what happens to the warranty. As I understand it, Klipsch will not stand by theirs. Also, have you any experience with either of these places? Are the products seconds or is it really a good deal?

Thanks

Trespasser,

The trend lately on eBay has been for some of the folks there to gut a pair of Heresys or Cornwalls with raggedy cabinets, and to sell off the components found in them. These speaker ghouls have found that they can get more money on eBay for the components than they can get for the whole speakers in poor cabinet condition.

You won't find it cheaper to buy the parts for a pair of Heresys than the prices you find for the completed speaker on eBay...just add it all up if ya want...pretty easy to see a whole pair of Heresys go for less than the sum total of their parts, lately!!

Also consider that a NEW pair of Heresys will be $1100 plus....kinda makes those prices on eBay for good used ones look alot better, doesn't it?

There is much more to building speaker cabinets than just saying "I'm gonna build some"...especially if you don't have damned good woodworking skills!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages

V - I have purchased a set of Quintets (all 5 speakers) from AcousticSoundDesign, and they arrived in original packaging, promptly, at the price quoted, with no issues whatsoever. However, that's a $300 transaction.

Were I to be looking at spending alot more, I'd probably use them as a bargaining chip with the local dealer.

I can't comment on the Klipsch warranty policy other than to say that they have it posted on their website.

Doug

------------------

My System

Like Doug, I have purchased some products from Acousticsounddesign.com, and Mike, the owner, was nothing but friendly to me. I have also used them to work down the price from my local Sound Advice and have built a nice relationship with one of the salesmen there. They won't match, but they get close enough that I am more than happy to give them my business...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

$500 huh?

You really only have three options open to you.

1) A set of used Heresy's. Shop until you find a nice looking pair.

2) How about a new set of Reference RF3II's floorstanders for $597 shipped. You can buy them here

3) For the same amount of money, you can get the 'sleeper' of the Reference Series -- the RB5 II. I had these myself for two years, and I actually prefer them to the RF3. Get them into a corner, and the bass is fabulous. A great slammin speaker. The reason they cost the same as the RF3 II floorstanders is because they have wood veneer instead of the vinyl the RF3 II uses. You can get them from the same place.

Klipsch RB5 Loudspeaker review here

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

This message has been edited by deang on 06-03-2002 at 04:19 PM

As dougdrake pointed out, you can click below on "Unauthorized Dealers" for our warning about sites such as those mentioned. I will add to be especially leary of those who provide you with product with altered or removed serial numbers.

PhilH

So what's a guy with only $500 supposed to do?

If he buys 'used' -- he get's no warranty anyways.

------------------

Deanf>s>

f>s>

I say, put that 500 bucks into a CD, have it set for departure when you graduate high school, then when college gets around, you will have enough money for a nice system in your dorm. That is my suggestion, better to get the right stuff the right time, than to settle and think, if only I had had 300 bucks more...

How much do you think you could get for a 500 CD over 2-3 years? Or, put it in a mutual fund, I got enough money from that (put in 5000 and now have anough money to buy myself a BMW 325Ci Coupe). Not going to waste the money on a car though, gonna relief the burden of college money on my parents and maybe pick up a few A/V gadgets when I go to college... I AM A SENIOR NOW!!! I am going to take most of that money out of the mutual fund and put it in a CD for safe keeping so when I get out of college, while finding a job I will have a buffer period.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 06-04-2002 at 12:29 PM

Justin-

If your willing to help out your local (bank) that's fine but if your in it to make some kind of profit then you may be better off putting it under your mattress. I've always considered CD's in the same vein as U.S. bonds the government issues; low return but guarranteed. Sames goes for a savings account only the rate fluctuates from near nothin' to nothin' (1%/year?).

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

I don't use an American bank. Since I am Caymanian, I have a Caymanian Bank account. MUCH higher return than American banks, second to Japan/Swizterland in the banking.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>