Klipsch La Scala Pricing

Duff

Keep checking and eventually you will find something more reasonably priced. When you do....do not post the link here....if you do...the seller will get flooded with ridiculous emails and get confused. On this particular pair, they would be a great deal at 800 bucks. 1600 is what you would expect to pay for lascala industrials with metal trim and black glass coating.

Do a search in garage sale section and you will see what they go for. 800-1000 is a good deal if in good shape. I have seen them go for 1500+ for newer ones or la scala II in excelent condition. Sometimes if you get really lucky you find them for less than 800. So i guess it all depends. For 1000 if in good shape it a fair/good deal.

Ok guys, thanks for the input. you're right adoremusic, ive never seen any here before, I think thats why I got excited. I would prefer ones that come in this color though, but Im sure ill have to wait a while before I find them close enough

post-52948-13819738516154_thumb.jpg

post-52948-13819769180092_thumb.jpg

post-52948-13819796244274_thumb.jpg

Ok guys, thanks for the input. you're right adoremusic, ive never seen any here before, I think thats why I got excited. I would prefer ones that come in this color though, but Im sure ill have to wait a while before I find them close enough

For reference, those in the pic yiu like are what look like birch lacquered with grills. The black ones in the ad are $1600 CAN, which today equals $1570.38 USD . . . Very pricey, even if rare among our friends to the North. Time and searching is our worst enemy and best friend. A great looking pair of La Scalas at an excellent price, if not out there now, will show up in time. Also, you might want to place a WTB ad on our forum in the garage sale section. There are some incredible forum partners, one who may be sitting on a pair right now, intent to sell, but who has not posted yet; or a forum member might have a friend with some La Scalas to sell. All the best in your search.

One thing to consider is that the add is in Southern Manitoba where big vintage Klipsch are beyond RARE (I know, I live here). Considering that I still think the price is a little high but I would offer him $1000 and go from there.

Yeah, the prices people in Canada want for thei Klipsch is beyond insane. You'll see very beat up Heresy II for $500, like these:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/648985236-klipsch_heresy_speakers/

OTOH, these are nice:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/view_images.php?cfid=649007123&image_id=3216323

Many are trying to recoup purchases made when our dollar was worrth 67 cents US, so so we pay a 50% premium on US imports.

Klipsch speakers are just rare enough that most owners don't have a clue what they are worth, so sell them cheap or offer them high. Main factor is the size, most simply don't have space for a big speaker, or neighbors that appreciate them. The, too loud, is often a sellers claim, but I don't see why people need to play them loud, so its really size and how big houses are in the area. Plus only about 10% of people would ever be willing to spend real money on hifi.

I say buy a nice set, not a cheap set, and long run be money ahead.

One thing not mentioned is that prices do vary by market quite a bit. Where there are a lot of Klipsch (like NYC) prices are lower. Move to the south and prices creep up due to lack of supply and travel distance. The ranges can vary quite a bit.

One thing not mentioned is that prices do vary by market quite a bit. Where there are a lot of Klipsch (like NYC) prices are lower. Move to the south and prices creep up due to lack of supply and travel distance. The ranges can vary quite a bit.

That is interesting what you say about NY but I would think more would be sold in Texas and Arkansas for that exact reason.

I lived in Syracuse the first 40 years of my life and have been in Athens, Ga. the last 12. I have bought and sold all along. This is what I see. It's long travel time in the southern states and the speakers are not nearly as plentiful. Prices are higher in the south for sure.

There are a ton of Klipsch Heritage speakers in NY. That is the cheapest place to buy them I have seen. Speakerfritz knows that market. Ask him.

There are a ton of Klipsch Heritage speakers in NY. That is the cheapest place to buy them I have seen. Speakerfritz knows that market. Ask him.

I think the mid atlantic , north east, and new england have some pockets of inexpensively priced Heritage gear. I live in NYC, but have never bought anything in the immediate area. 10 hr road trip to maine for mint condition khorns for 1500 8 hour road trip to new Hampshire for very decent Belles for 1200. 6 hours up into the NY mountains for a pair of decent Cornwall's for 600. 6 hrs south for a pair of one piece painted non metal trim LSI out of MD for 600. 6 hours south east into PA for a pair of split metal trim non BG LSI's for 1200. There was a pair of Belle's 30 minutes from me a while back for 850 and I was actually almost there to pick them up when someone 1000 miles away put up a link that flooded the seller with emails and in the end he was looking for 1500 to 1800 for them. So if I were to offer a location or two for decent deals, I would say upstate NY and PA.