Dope From Hope?

B-BOOM

I don't know if there is a version on CD or not...and I don't know just how many more issues of "The Dope from Hope" came out after the mid-70's....but if you still have that binder full of them...it may be a good start towards a nice project for a webpage of those technical bulletins...something to think about, anyway...I am sure other members of this bulletin board would be interested in having a website available with those on there! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

I have a "Dope from Hope" dated Jan. 1981 which was Vol 14 No. 4. This would lead me to believe they were published over a span of at least 14 years, prior to 1981. I have attached the two (2) pages I have.

I would hope others would do the same, so that we can all share this information. It is a valuable resource.

Mike

------------------

4 Channel Audio:

1980 Cornwalls R & L

1975 Cornwalls Center & Rear

The following McIntosh I bought NEW in 1971-72:

MR-74, C-26, MC-2505

C-33 just obtained

Dynaco 120 Amp. as Center

B-Boom, It would be a great public service (and could even be a little side business) to take your binder, combined with ither issues collected from other B-Board users (like good2bhome) scan and publish them either on the web in html or on a CD...please think about doing it. regards, tony

• 1 year later...

I have the Dope from Hope 300 ish page deal from Arto. I would be more than happy to put this onto CD but let's face it, that costs money, 300 pages would not be cheap. But if I get a quote for it and get enough people to where I don't have to lose TOO much money on it, I will do it. I would just burn copies and heck, put it on SoundWise.org for all to view. It would likely be a PDF file to make it readable across most mediums.

If anyone here feels they would like to help me with this, please email me, justin@soundwise.org.

If anyone missed out on Arto's printing of these papers, please email me and I will make you a copy (costs around $24 to make and $3-5 to ship, I bind them for you at no cost because people would not pay for that, but it REALLY makes for a nice, organized book).

I love to do this kind of stuff, but right now I am trying to save every dime and penny so I can continue this kind of life through college. I am trying to get a job at a HiFi A/V place in Columbia Missouri (Going to U of Missouri @ Columbia) but I will need references since they just see me as a kid who wants a few bucks. Klipsch, wanna give them a call?! :) Your own Klipsch dealer in Columbia! (they also sell dynaudio, krell, sunfire, paradigm, sennheiser, grado, ML, all the high end stuff, fun place to go! even have Mondial/Aragon!)

Thanks, and your welcome (tee hee)

Justin,

I think a missing link in new technology is a Flatbed scanner with a good sheet feeder for a reasonable price.

It would be a pain to scan Aarto's package a page at a time.

I put every page in a claer sheet protector as i was reading them the first time. It took a considerable number of nights to get through it.

Bob G.

Any time you want to get into selling speakers to the Automotive OEMs after the Best Buy roll out keep me in mind.

Your firm is one of a select few carreer changes I would consider.

BobG, could you email me?

The company is:

d&m sound

JOHNSTON AUDIO

201 South Eighth Street

Columbia, MO 65201

(573) 449-3933

I talked to Bill Sheets this April/May in person and am going back up there this weekend to Summer Welcome @ Mizzou and I hope to visit again. He said that they did not normally take in college students, but they have made exceptions in the past.

AudioFlynn, scanning them myself... Thought about it. I would save money, but the original investment would be steep. I just invested around $400 into an Epson Perfection 3200 Pro, can't make myself spend anymore, anytime soon. Shame I had to spend so much just so I could scan 4x9 inch transparencies. I guess that is just the price you must pay for... Perfection.

On the phone right now getting a quote.

$0.22 cents per page as per Robert Black (put his name here because I would lose it otherwise.) This is from VCI which I trust with all my high quality graphic needs (if you have one near you, check them out, they are wonderful at what they do) http://vcigroup.com/

That makes it to about $66 or less, plus other costs that are $7.00. $73, that is not too bad actually. But if you felt like donating a few dollars that would be swell.

Ok, quote from Kinkos. $10 for first page and each successive page is $2.50, that puts us at about $757.5.

So, who would you go with?

Kinko's says they will beat their compeditors price, but they can't beat VCI.

So, who wants a copy on CD? Email me, justin@soundwise.org

These will be saved as a PDF file, as I might have mentioned earlier.

----------------

On 6/4/2002 2:09:00 PM B-BOOM wrote:

In the mid-70s Paul sent me a binder with issues of "Dope From Hope", a series of technical bulletins. I was wondering if those had (or have) continued, and if there is an updated copy (preferably on CD) available.
----------------

Paul handed me a large folder titled "AUDIO PAPERS FROM KLIPSCH AND ASSOCIATES" back in the '60's when I was his parish priest at St. Mark's Episcopal, Hope, AR. I would be glad to loan these to responsible persons for reproduction. This set includes many DOPE FROM HOPE entries.

Let me hear.

FATHER BILL+

I can distiribute those papers if you like.

I am surprised that so few people would like a copy of the Dope from Hope papers onto CD. This is just a reminder. They will be ready Wednesday for distribution. This is about 300 pages of Klipsch literature put into a PDF file which is readable on any Win/Mac/LInux/Symbian/OS2...etc.

Email me if you would like a copy, I will be mailing them out for one week, from Wednesday to Wednesday. All I ask monetary wise is a donation for the cost of me getting the papers scanned, the cost of the CD's and the cost of shipping.

Paper copies will also be available with a minimum donation of $24 plus shipping, which does not actually cover cost of the paper printing but if it gets people to have access to the Dope from Hope.

Email me, justin@soundwise.org

I don't want people to think that I am trying to make money off of this. I would rather take a loss than give that impresion. So if I charged $10 each and 8 people bought them, i would break even, just about, but if 12 people bought them, I would make a profit, which I don't really want to do (sounds weird right?)

That is why I ask for a donation. Knowing the price of the production ($77+) and that shipping a 1lb item (you have to round up with UPS) will cost $3.68 if going to New York City and $3.23 if going to another place in Houston, so the average price for a shipment, since most are out of houston, will be $3.50 and the mailer is $1.25 (padded CD mailer). See where the problem is? Arto had a set price per booklet because it cost a certain amount per each booklet. If I were to do that I would get about $0.30 max plus shipping.

So if you want one, you can send a donation via paypal or check/moneyorder (prefer paypal) to me and aim around $5-10 plus your shipping. The more people that order, the less it will cost and the less I will lose, which I don't mind doing.

I will also have this document put onto the internet for people to download, this would get rid of any shipping costs. Speaking of shipping costs, you can figure and estimate at UPS's Cost Estimation Site.