Grills on the speakers and subwoofer recommendation

Kenshiro

Hey guys,

I plan on buying the RC-62 II center, RB-61 II fronts and RB-51 II as surrounds.

Which subwoofer would you guys recommend? Recommend sub's from the older range please. The new range isn't exactly widely available in Holland yet. I personally was thinking of buying this one: Klipsch RW-10d.

Do you guys think that is a good choice?

I also had another question about the grills on the speakers. Would you guys recommend to keep the grills on or off? If I take them off, will dust etc. be a problem? Like damage the speakers or whatever? Do you guys keep the grills on or off?

Thanks for your time guys

If they are the push on rubber fasteners that keep the grill about 1/2" away from the wood front they should not affect the sound because of the huge pressure relief. If you don't like the looks then take them off. But then if you have pets and kids they might get a few holes in them.

JJK

As far as the grills go, for me, they stay on 99% of the time. The only time I take them off is to show them to someone... I keep them on to keep the tweeters clean. As far as subwoofers go, I would say, the RW-10 should do you good.

I am a grills on guy. If the grills are the peg type, taking them on and off will lead to a broken grill at some point. Speaker cone damage is another reason that I leave them on. I think when I was in college I use to take the grills off to see the woofer jump around. The woofers don't move much with the current set of speaker and subwoofer, lol.

I would look at the Emotiva X-Ref 10 or X-Ref 12. They are on sale, and I know people have called them to get them to ship outside of the united states. Check out http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/speakers or give them a call. They have terrific customer support.

I like the grills on. There have been some things to happen to me that were either my own fault, or just sheer dumb luck. Maybe dropping a school book and having it bounce/roll and smack right into where the woofer would have been on my sub. It's very scary because the woofers can be fairly delicate. They are pretty thin. Not sure what living in Holland will do with the price, but they are fairly cheap when bought from Klipsch if you do manage to screw one up.