Driver Comparison for the K 402 Horn

You can't be serious.

This is the internet age, I know two people with jet engines in their cars, no matter what it is, yes they can be serious.

I am looking forward to the testing and don't see whats to complain about.

Well, I suppose that if someone were serious, they could do reverse mold, or a laser scan, but there are subtle waves/bumps in the horn that would make replication a bit tricky. At that point, why not simply buy a pair.

I know of a little place out in Oklahoma that could take a K-402 horn and scan the interior of it directly into a computer program. Then with the right CNC router with enough Z axis travel you could cut that right into a glued up stack of plywood. Should be an almost exact copy made out of wood. Of course for what they would charge to scan that in, you could probably buy several horns. Many years ago, I had them do that as a scan of the interior and exterior of the K-77 horn. The bigger horn would just be more expensive to get scanned.

Many years ago, I had them do that as a scan of the interior and exterior of the K-77 horn. The bigger horn would just be more expensive to get scanned.

Boy, you're not kidding. Going throught all that trouble would make me want to do it out of a solid hardwood or multi layer hardwood lamination of different colors or something. They'd probably be a priceless pair.

Will probabaly use the right side of the room for testing, as it has the FULL corner

Just a thought - if you plan to test with the Jubs in the corners of the room, try placing one 2 x 2 absorption pad or thick material on the each side wall and the front wall next to the K-402 mouth exit, then listen again. I think that you will find a very large difference in stereo imaging when you sit on centerline between the Jubs.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the input. The room is relitative flat, as the walls are fabric, the floor consist of a 36" slab with Berber carpeting and the ceiling is acoustical with 12" of fiberglass above. My right side is a FULL corner and the left side is a half wall, with 26' spacing. The walls are slightly angled ( double wall construction) and the ceiling runs form eight and a half feett to nine and a half. The base plate for the inner walls sits on (?) Durometer rubber, of which I can not recall the number at the present moment. The rubber strips are six inch by 7/16" thickness. The interior and exterior walls are completely isolated. Think room within a room. I just figured that the right side would be more acoustically pleasing for testing.

Thanks,

W. C.

UPDATE:

Today has been a total delivery day with Wilson Trucking and an Estes Trucking delivery from Klipsch, of a single (KPT-KHJ-LFJubilee Cabinet) Cinema Jubilee for the Horn testing. We are going to give a short detail on how to unpack a delivery from Klipsch on this particular speaker. First, the box is delivered upside down on the pallet.

post-57654-1381974029723_thumb.jpg

post-57654-13819770940466_thumb.jpg

post-57654-13819798141502_thumb.jpg

Third: You "Roll" the box twice, holding the Flaps open, where the "Top" is now on the ground or some other suitable flat surface, like your sound room floor. After you have rolled the carton, you gently lift the "Box" up intil it clears the top of the speaker and set the box off to the side. For anyone ordering the factory Jubilee, this is what it will look like. these particular models were ordered with the RAW front panel and they arrived in perfect shape and were packed as good as anything that I have ever seen....!

post-57654-1381974030176_thumb.jpg

post-57654-13819770944926_thumb.jpg

post-57654-13819798146082_thumb.jpg

It is a Studer A807 Console machine and I have been looking for YEARS and have never found one that I cold afford.....Talk about Excited...! I can only hope that a few of you can share this with me, as I am totally beside myself. It was completely gone through last week and I am anxious to run a few tapes through it. I We will post the driver installation pictures tomorrow and go through mounting the K 402 on top of the Jube Cabinet....But for TODAY, it has been Awesom...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!