Total Recall (August 3rd)

Beechnut

I'm thinking of skipping this in the theaters so I can experience it on Bluray in my home.

We watched Contraband with Mark Walberg the other day and there was an breaking glass explosion that happened off to the left side of the screen. It was so dynamic that Myself and the wife both tried to dodge the explosion!!!

I have high hopes for the surround sound experience coming with this movie.

II have high hopes for the surround sound experience coming with this movie.

I worked on this film and am good friends with both 1st and 2nd unit sound mixers. They are both very highly respected and always create great sound . Same guys who did "Dawn of the dead" and "Max Payne" just 2 great examples of great soundtracks.

I seen a crew screening a couple months ago and it looks and sounds fantastic . Hopefully they tweaked it even more before general release.

We watched Contraband with Mark Walberg the other day and there was an breaking glass explosion that happened off to the left side of the screen. It was so dynamic that Myself and the wife both tried to dodge the explosion!!!

Don't ya just love that!?

I remember when I finally got some Klipsch Reference for the HT mains and a sub. One night after having fallen asleep on the couch, I woke up started yelling to my wife in the bedroom, "They're shooting, THEY'RE SHOOTING OUTSIDE!!!!"

And then suddenly realized it was the HT ~ one of those Sigorney Weaver scenes in Aliens. LMAO [Y] I had been "klipsched" [li]

Yeah, I wish theaters had more of a dynamic 3D surround sound. I'd like to thank Klipsch and the "Keepers of the sound" here for providing me with the knowledge and guidance to get me to this point in my HiFi life[8-|]. I watched Prometheus in IMAX. It had a great front soundstage but there was only two very large rear speakers in the very upper corners. They were about 25 feet + over everybody's head in the back of the room. I still really enjoyed that movie!!!! I will definitely see Total Recall in the theatre, just because it was such a big movie from my past. I think anybody in school at the time remembers the highly intellectual conversations about the girl with 3 boobs.(classic movie moment).

My moment was far more subtle...

I was at home listening to low levels.

As a precursor, you must realize that to even get to my house you drive 15 miles out of town on 4 lane road...drop down to 2 lane country road, drop further down to a 1 1/2 lane county road and finally a 1/4 mile gravel road. I'm at a dead end in the middle of the wifes family 250 acre farm. The farn is surrounded by another (guessing) 500/700 acres of public woods area and THAT area is circled by a lake on three sides. So, if anyone is ever out at my place they are either lost, expected or up to no good. You do not casually "drop by" my place. It takes specific intent.

So it's maybe 11:00, I'm listening to some Thelonius Monk down low. Suddenly, I hear voices outside. I immediately realize there is more than one person who because of no headlights, has stealthily come to the farm. This can't be good.

Adrenilyn shoots up, I don't have any firearms so go get in an area where I can try to better listen and frankly, have the drop of surprise should they try to enter the house with the lights off. I figure since I walk around all the time in the dark, the advantage should be mine to some degree (other than potential weapons).

I wait.... and wait.... no more voices...silence.

Suddenly, I shove ALL the outside flood lights on figuring I'd prehaps catch them in the act of doing something and the lights might temporarily slow down their eyesight.

Nothing but damn crickets

My heart starts to slow down, I figure I was hearing things so go back to what I was doing.

Long story short, it happened again. NOW I KNOW I heard the voices so, madder than a snake, I go outside...

Nothing but damn crickets

As it turns out, the stupid recording has someone talking very quietly in the background that was picked up on the mic and can be discerned.

I suppose they were on the other side of the studio (or wherever it was recorded)

I was impressed and relieved at the same time.

I will definitely see Total Recall in the theatre, just because it was such a big movie from my past. I think anybody in school at the time remembers the highly intellectual conversations about the girl with 3 boobs.(classic movie moment).

That character gets a cameo FYI. This film follows the original short story from Philip K Dyck more. The screening I saw was at the post production houses mini theater with 20-30 seats optimally positioned. Great experience I don' t normally get but was fortunate to have Glen Gauthier (main unit sound) invite me. I didn't even think to check the sound equipment they have installed, but it kicked !

I'm thinking of skipping this in the theaters so I can experience it on Bluray in my home.

I have high hopes for the surround sound experience coming with this movie.

I've been doing this for a lot of movies lately. It sounds awesome in my house and it's a whole lot cheaper than going out (although I still have a ways to catch up on my initial investment =^P). I just always want to see how different movies sound on my system. Now all I need is to upgrade my 42" TV, and I'll have my home theatre complete (for now).

II have high hopes for the surround sound experience coming with this movie.

I worked on this film and am good friends with both 1st and 2nd unit sound mixers. They are both very highly respected and always create great sound . Same guys who did "Dawn of the dead" and "Max Payne" just 2 great examples of great soundtracks.

I seen a crew screening a couple months ago and it looks and sounds fantastic . Hopefully they tweaked it even more before general release.

Great! Can't wait for the BR release to watch it at home then!

I recently bought the old version on BR. I guess I'll wait and watch it after the new one.