Finally updating my vintage crossovers

kuisis

The bare wire inductor from the 56

I have a set of these and I think the wires in the coils are coated......probally varnish coating since enamel coating was a little later

"OOPS, Pyranol capacitor!!!"

Bob,

Please elaborate. Tom's a good guy.

What would you suggest for these vintage Khorns? I was thinking it might make sense to remove and preserve the original networks, to be replaced by new networks.

"OOPS, Pyranol capacitor!!!"

Bob,

Please elaborate. Tom's a good guy.

What would you suggest for these vintage Khorns? I was thinking it might make sense to remove and preserve the original networks, to be replaced by new networks.

Pyranol is GE's brand name for PCB

I think he is planning to have me rebuild them. I am just now thinking of how to get rid of that capacitor and any others like it. I think it is ilegal to dispose of those in just about any way.

I am just now thinking of how to get rid of that capacitor and any others like it. I think it is ilegal to dispose of those in just about any way.

Bob,

The cost for disposal may be fairly low considering the small amount that you have on hand. Check out these EPA links:

http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/hazard/tsd/pcbs/pubs/stordisp.htm

Bruce

Bob,

I am sure where you are in Arkansas, there would be quite a few places that can handle Hazardous Waste. A quick Google with your City ans Waste Disposal should produce enough to keep you busy for a while. With such a small amount of stuff, it would probably be very cheap to dispose of them properly. There is a Company called Bio-Nomic Services just down the street from me and that is where I take my old capicitors, flourescent tubes, etc.