this never ends!!! does it? Amp question now

klipshcom

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i do so tell the whole world!!! hahaaa =) at least you got a text im still waiting for evan to call back.....waiting.....waiting.....

Some other guy came and picked it up. Sucky. Wish you could

Have found it a bit sooner. He had his number on there. If they have a number always call first they usually put that cause they hate getting emails.

Yes that is true. Hey how do you create new paragraphs in this forum ??.

lol, I can't get it to post.

it's a less than sign, p after, with a greater than sign. I hope this makes sense, it won't let me type it out.

Yes i know what you mean, html coding and such. Thanks now lets try it.

test

well seems to work yay!.

I stand corrected, maybe 60Hz to 120Hz is more like it.

Though, we are talking here about a Klipsch SW-110($499.99 msrp) and a pair of RF-63's not a JL Audio F110($2100.00 msrp) and a pair of RF-63's.

Bill

the 10" cone might have more surface area than 1 6.5" but not 6 of them, they also have higher power ratings but regardless they aren't designed for the lows I was just tinkering with music one day mostly 40-80hz and switching between the rw10d and my 83s powered with the xpa2, simply stated two different ballparks which leads to the 63s playing near the big leagues and the sw110 just getting passed tee ball, its really an entry level sub thats just not designed to keep pace klipschs mid to higher end

general rule of thumb if possible try to spend as much on a sub as you do your mains, I think a sub 800-1200 (new) would be a pretty good fit

if you can find a 64 first that should make a nice difference

Just to note on that is more speakers + more surface area does not always mean better sub level frequency response. If you had 50 or even 100 5" speakers a quality 12" subwoofer will always out perform, in saying that the rf 63/83's better low end performance has possibly more to do with its larger polarity flex depth and higher quality components.

Same goes with a RF 82 II vs RF 83 comparison, they both have the same driver size and on closer inspection look the same as well but the RF 83 have higher quality component design and better enclosure creating a much larger performance difference.

.if i have red from speaker going to black on reciever and so forth can that have neg affect on performance?

I hope you have checked this, so you know that you are properly hooked up, it is ............VERY IMPORTANT!!!!..............Red to Red.........Black to Black..........It definitely has an affect on performance.

thanks for the update.....Ive been waiting for a reply and its good to
know that i wont be getting one....Eh" mabye next time!! To the guys
asking about how to put parentheses or what ever that is.... what does
that have to do with my question? Cone size multiplied by pie or what ever your talking about now is more than i need to know and scrappydue You saved me
BIG TIME!!!!! Thanks again for bursting my bubble =) I had no idea!!! it would have been a waste of
money.......At least for a while, THANK YOU!!! Best response goes to scrappy with many
close follow ups...Lil update,, My wiring was correct andi I figured out that my laptop volume was way down, I turned it to max and low and behold "wow....Thats Better" ..Until next time....."ROCK ON"