Spotify?

SWL

Any Spotify users here? I've tried MOG, Pandora, Media Monkey, J. River Media, Pandora, Amazon Cloud Player....and probably a few others I'm forgetting. They're all cool. Seems that MOG is all the talk lately but Spotify sounds awesome on my system and it is very easy to use. It even let's me use my wireless mouse so I can set it to shuffle and cruise.

As far as sound quality goes, every one of these music players varies from a little to a lot....probably depends on the system. Anyone agree with this? Spotify happens to sound best so far with my equipment....and just so happens that I really like the way it's laid out.

BTW.....I'm using it with my laptop and an HRT Music Streamer ll +. [Y] Cd's and albums are getting played less and less around here. This computer stuff sounds pretty darn good. [:D]

• Moderators

I never tried Spotify yet, but I do agree the only two I tried do have different sound quality. Your right if two different ones sound the same to you definitely use the one that is most convenient as far as the layout goes.

If I had to guess in years to come physical media will be rare, why buy a single album or Cd when for somewhere around the same price you can have unlimited music, if not free, and the quality will get better. To me the quality is extremely close to what you buy already.

I use Spotify daily paid premium member here. I love the service and rarely listen to my 25k plus itunes library anymore. I have a Peach pre amp which does not have a remote how do I overcome this? I simply turn my volume knob to 10 o'clock fire up the spotify app on my ipad, air play it to my apple tv and use the vloume control from the ipad to adjust as necessary. Spotify sounds great on my system and I love the selection and flexibility it offers the ability to download playlist is great!!!! I tried MOG a few days ago and liked what I heard they didn't have some of the new releases yet. I only got a days worth of free music and it cut me off. I would demo both services and go from there.

I have to give it a second try. I only had about ten minutes the first time I tried it. I was playing around with grooveshark today and that is a nice one two. I love streaming music and the SQ is very good that I don't miss playing disc. It is rare that I listen to a whole CD or other source since I like the mix of multiple artist.

I never tried Spotify yet

You should check it out.I think you get a 30 day trial period. I've finally been able to spend some time with it tonight and I'm really getting the hang of it. Not sure if the sq is better than MOG but it sure is good. The ease of access to new/old music is really easy and to be honest....it's an audio enthusiast's dream, at least for me!

Using the radio stations to find music and then save it to a playlist is really simple. Being able to use my wireless mouse (remote) like I did with WMP is a huge bonus for me....just set it on shuffle and go....but most of all, the sound quality is THERE. Whatever it streams at, 320kbps or less...works for me. With this Music Streamer DAC.....the cd "edgyness" is history. I guess it ultimately took one of these DACS to realize it was there all along. Don't get me wrong, I love my modded Jolida tube cd player but this DAC/computer combo has such a warm sound. [Y]

....back to jammin'. [:D]

• Moderators

With this Music Streamer DAC.....the cd "edgyness" is history. I guess it ultimately took one of these DACS to realize it was there all along. Don't get me wrong, I love my modded Jolida tube cd player but this DAC/computer combo has such a warm sound. Yes

Good to hear, I'm thinking about a DAC myself as a pre-amp for 2 Ch.

I shot down all this computer stuff at first mostly out of ignorance...and lack of knowledge about it....but hearing is believing. [Y]

I might just quit my construction career and become a computer tech. [:P]

I might just quit my construction career and become a computer tech. Stick out tongue

Don't do that. It can be a tough way to make a living. I've been out of work for 16 months now.

Besides... I don't want any more competition.

If I don't find something soon I may have to go back to construction work.

I can see how MOG would have sounded better on some of my past Klipsch based systems....it has a fuller sound than Spotify (on my gear). Spotify has greater clarity in comparison (again, on my gear). Night and day difference? Not really, but I suppose it comes down to user preference for me.

Like I said before, I think they're all good in their own way. Spotify works well for me especially the amazing sound quality....despite the lesser bitrate than MOG.

. Spotify sounds great on my system and I love the selection and flexibility it offers the ability to download playlist is great!!!!

Me too. Also, I've got music up the wazoo now. The music that was tranferred over from my WMP......if I bought one song from Amazon for .99 cents now that it's on Spotify I have the whole album now. Granted that's what the $9.99/monthly fee covers but how cool is that?!! [Y]

• Moderators

I tried it last night for a couple of hours, I can hear a difference in sound quality, but I am using the free version which is the worst quality i would guess. The pay version is probably as good as any.

I also listened to a bunch of different songs from the "JeamBeam all time top 100 songs", well that's what they were called anyway, it is a little bit of everything. For some reason when I use these services I always tend to look for older songs I really liked but never owned and alot of bands that had one or two hits but were not popular long enough to keep the music in front of people to really become well known.

I love these services, how can you beat it ? There may be a very tiny bit of loss in sound quality compared to the better LP's, tape and CD's but not much at all and you have a almost unlimited collection if you use a few of these different services. Also you don't have the expense of a high quality player and the cost of the physical media and it's storage.