Video of the system in action...

Quiet_Hollow

Great vids. Sound came through great on my promedia 5.1. If you have a blu-ray copy of Tron Legacy or one of the Transformer movies, throw it in. There are some earth moving LFE's.

There's going to be a new motto: THT: pissing off neighbors since 2012. Smile

Just happened to think, the Hollow aint so Quiet any more.

Thanks again all. I was really hoping the SQ would come through on this one.

Just happened to think, the Hollow aint so Quiet any more.

LOL Yes No doubt. It didn't take long to find any loose drywall.

what driver did you end up going with?

It's sporting a Dayton DVC 310-88

Pro media would be a lot better than the stock, under monior speakers on my pc!

It is hard to get the same feeling without being there. If small computer speakers could make outstanding sound in a HT then Bose would make them.... wait, ER, nevermind [:S][:|][:$]

• 4 weeks later...

Another one:

This is to highlight the performance of the THT a bit and test some new video rendering settings (frame rate, grid count, scan..etc.) . Source this time is an MP3 played back with the sub channel goosed +20 dB from flat and the mains' HP pushed up to 150 Hz.

The top end is noticeably more harsh because of the source material, and using the THT to fill-in there up into the mid bass region is asking quite a bit IMHO, considering my room's placement restrictions.

This sounds sooo good on my buds. What camera are you using? I feel like I should make a video of the dual ultras. I checked out home alone scene and ran mine a bit hot and holy cow. My neighbors were beating in the walls before the first deep tone was even over. Lol.

What camera are you using?

It's a Canon GL-1. That's why I've been messing with the video software suite as of late...trying to squeeze every last drop out of those CCDs.

I feel like I should make a video of the dual ultras.

Excellent idea [Y] It's quite a learning experience to say the least.

I checked out home alone scene and ran mine a bit hot and holy cow. My neighbors were beating in the walls before the first deep tone was even over.

ROFL [:D]

• 4 months later...