Opinion on 2 channel rig

Scrappydue

So I recently found a pair of heresy ii's that I'm re finishing and plan on a 2 channel rig. I have really been looking at the emotiva mini-x. I plan on hooking my erc-2 to it and that would be it. I think.... Lol. The other way I was thinking would be a USP-1 and maybe the upa-2 or 200. Obviously one would be three times the other price. And would give me more inputs. The only thing that I think would bother me is the mini-x has no remote function. So not being a 2 channel guy, would that piss everyone else off? I know in my home theater it would drive me crazy. But I'm not sure if it would listening to music or not.

Who cares what anyone else thinks. If it bothers you to get out of your favorite listening chair to adjust the volume, just set it up by your chair where you can adjust without getting up. That's the way I have one stereo set up. Another has volume control on CD player, so I use CD remote when I'm too lazy to get up and adjust pre-amp.......Taz

What sources will you be using, will you ever be going vinyl. Reason I ask is, these are some of the features the USP-1 offers, plus it has a remote. I all ways wanted to try the USP-1 but ended up going to a tube pre amp. Good luck on your quest for 2 channel Nirvana and remember to have fun with it.

I am currently using heritage and a usp1... but ONLY for analog signals(vinyl). if I play digital formats, I just patch straight into my amp( I dont see an advantage in patching into it for digital). for analog the usp is good... no complaints even though I am sure there is much better out there.

I absolutely need a remote control, period! LOL Hey, I'm lazy and I can't move my gear rack or chair, so I got a nice remote. [<:o)]

I've never used the gear you mentioned, but get something that covers all your needs, or you're going to want to upgrade.

Have you looked at this....

2150Per.jpg

Outlaw Audio RR2150 for $699 (+) ----> CLICK HERE

I've heard good things about it and it has the "features" you need, all of them..... yes.gif

•State-of-the-art stereo receiver inspired by the art deco table radios of the past

•High performance FM Stereo/FM/AM tuner

•Multiple inputs with separate record output bus

•USB input for playback of streaming audio output from compatible computers

•High quality phono input for both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges

•Processor/equalizer loop

•The only stereo receiver with a subwoofer output that includes selectable, analog bass management

•Front
panel "speaker equalization" selector adds a half-octave of bass boost
at a choice of frequencies to improve performance with compact bookshelf
speakers

•Headphone jack with level control

•Front panel stereo mini-jack input for easy connection to portable devices such as iPod®

•Tone control defeat

•Precision, motorized volume control

•A/B Speaker Output

•Pre-Out/Main-In connections

•IR In/Out jacks

•Removable IEC style power cord

•Multi-device, programmable remote control .... thumbup.gif

Just a thought,

Dennie

LOL. How did we ever live before remotes? Or does that statement just betray a certain age? In the old days (snicker) we used to know how loud we wanted to listen and set the volume accordingly. The beautiful sounds of our favorite music in stereo in the comfort of our own homes seemed plenty luxurious.

LOL. How did we ever live before remotes? Or does that statement just betray a certain age? In the old days (snicker) we used to know how loud we wanted to listen and set the volume accordingly. The beautiful sounds of our favorite music in stereo in the comfort of our own homes seemed plenty luxurious.

It was easier to get up and change it when I was younger, much younger. [:$] Heck, I was my Dad's first "remote control"! I remember it like it was yesterday.... "Dennie! Get up and change the channel, put it on channel 3 and turn it up a little, while your there." And I did! Yeap, the good old days! rollingyellow.gif

Now, I have a remote! yes.gif

Dennie

It was easier to get up and change it when I was younger, much younger. Embarrassed Heck, I was my Dad's first "remote control"! I remember it like it was yesterday.... "Dennie! Get up and change the channel, put it on channel 3 and turn it up a little, while your there." And I did! Yeap, the good old days! rollingyellow.gif

Now, I have a remote! yes.gif

Dennie

Come to think of it, we used to get 2 channels on the TV. Of course the antenna had to be turned to tune in which ever channel we were listening to. So rain, snow or whatever us kids would go out to turn the antenna until we heard a knock on the window to tell us the antenna was tuned. When I growed up and had an antenna of my own, I made punch and chisel marks to indicate where the different channels came in. I was too cheap to pay for the new cable company that bought out the old one. I had been shafted by them before. Cut their cable and threw it over the fence into the alley....................Taz..................Remotes are a good thing if you have then though.

well guys do to the emotiva warehouse sale.....LOL...I bought the USP-1 and the MINI-X. so i will try them both out. i have heard great things about the mini when running 2.0 only. so i might stay with that and then the usp-1 will find its way cutting into the home theater stack. either way i am pretty excited about it. now all i need to do is to hurry up and order some veneer and get that show on the road. about to have two have two weeks with no wife or kid around, perfect time to finish them!

Congratulations Scrappy! [<:o)]

Keep us posted and let us know what you think of the new gear when it arrives! thumbup.gif

You said:

about to have two have two weeks with no wife or kid around, perfect time to finish them!

Ahhhh, I think that is the perfect time to LISTEN to them!!! LOL rockout.gif

Dennie drinkingcheers.gif