Fisher 500c for sale Chicago

ZEUS121996

I'm new to selling on the site so bear with me.

I have a Fisher 500c for sale. Asking $450 plus shipping. I picked this up this year from the original owner who said he had it serviced every 5 years or so. As you can see from the pictures the unit is in excellent shape with no major scratches or marks anywhere. As with most units of this age the knobs need replacing and a thorough cleaning and check up are in order.

Also included are the original instruction manual (warranty card detached) the original service manual, and a McIntosh amplifier clinic wiorksheet comparing the unit to a McIntosh, The 500c clipped out at16.97 volts and 35 watts.If you would like me to ship it directly to your service tech, please provide the address and I will send it there. I dont have the original box, but with remove the tubes and wrap everything in high density foam before boxing and shipping

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask

TY

Mark

post-50841-13819823071252_thumb.jpg

Any interest before it goes off to CL?

If this compares with my Fisher 400, It should be a good deal. Has anyone compared the 400 to the 500? Should not be difficult to build a nice cabinet for it. Choose any wood you like Could probably make it purty!...........Taz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has there been any work done to your 1250? Those are becomming notorious for having issues with the capacitors on the power supply board as mine did. The original speaker relay is suspect as well. It can be a pricey job unless you can do it yourself. Just a word of caution. I am currently using a restored 500C with the SDS Labs board. Between the two, I would take the Fisher hands down but everyone's ears are different. That is a great buy on the 500C. I'm surprised you still have it. Tough time of year being after Christmas and before tax time. Good luck with the sale.

I wish I only had 2 receivers to choose between. Nak, Denon, Sansui etc. I think I'm becoming the hoarder, so I've been told to thin it out. I have enough gear for 2 systems, so I am having a hard time selling the Fisher. I restored a 1919 Victorola cabinet that the Fisher fits in beautifully. I dropped a turntable in where the old speaker was and have the amps inside under the Fisher. I really like the way it looks.

The 1250 has been restored by a gentleman out by DeKalb who does great work so I should get quite a few years out of it.

post-50841-13819827909942_thumb.jpg