New toy came today!

Drox

The cooling system is pretty darn loud, but this will be tucked away in an audio closet where I won't hear a thing :) I figured if I bought the shelves alone it would cost me half the price I paid for the whole unit (for decent shelves).

One other issue that I potentially see is the cabinet walls that are made of painted steel, and are not acoustically damped on the outside. This might not be an issue in-room, but only if the rack is not located between the speakers or close by at the side wall in the front of the room, unless something is done to absorb acoustic reflections or resonances off the steel.

When I rolled it into place it was very resonant and loud, once I started putting a bit of gear in it the sound started to die off. The side panels on it might be a problem with the lower frequencies. I can see them rattling, but won't know for sure until I get everything in and set up with a movie going. If it does a little bit of foam stripping will fix it.