MultEQ XT32 vs MultEQ XT

Shodrewken

Is there a big difference? Is the MultEQ XT32 a big jump over just MultEQ XT? I'm looking at the Denon AVR-3313CI and the Onkyo TX-NR818 trying to figure out which would be the better AVR to get. Thoughts guys? Oh any input with on experience with either one would be very helpful! Thanks, Andrew.

Well if you have or ever plan in having dual subs to me it would make it a no go. No sense of buying something you can't use. Dual sub eq will calibrate subs individually. Similar to a velodyne SMS-1 or an anti mode. A receiver like the denon 4311 from accesories 4 less might be a good look. Or if you got the money the new model is the 4520. But I think it's over 2k!!

How is 7.2 misleading. Is it not a 7.2 AVR? I have had multiple AVR's that had no room correction at all.

You could always EQ the 2nd sub yourself if you use one

Dual sub EQ is no deal breaker for me. The 818 is still very feature packed for the money.

I cannot imagine needing 2 subs myself.

Heritage HT here I come

Hey I was only throwing something out there that most overlook with the 818. If you need it cool. If you don't cool. Dual subs for me in a big theater room is a must and to have them calibrated as well as possible by the avr/processor without having to buy more sub eq stuff then that's what I want.

Like Youthman, I couldn't imagine having 2 subs until I got the second one. XT32 is night and day difference when compare with XT. I have Denon 4311 and it can calibrate 2 subs. I would take a receiver with XT32 over XT any day of the week. Got the 4311 for under 1300 from electronic expos last xmas.

I couldn't either....till I bought one. Wink

I'm sure once I get one the feeling could change, but I would assume the Corns with a nice horn loaded sub would be enough for me.

Meant no dis respect to anyone.

@ cviper. A place up here sell em for around $850.00. I'm still trying to get it down a bit. Everything is more money up here.

I couldn't either....till I bought one. Wink

I'm sure once I get one the feeling could change, but I would assume the Corns with a nice horn loaded sub would be enough for me.

Meant no dis respect to anyone.

@ cviper. A place up here sell em for around $850.00. I'm still trying to get it down a bit. Everything is more money up here.

That's a good price. I'm gonna have to wait till after the holidays before I'm able to jump into anything. Plus I gotta sell my current reciever to help pay for a new one. But its all good I have some good tunes for the time being. Hopefully you're able to find a cheaper price for that unit soon [Y]

• Moderators

I would assume the Corns with a nice horn loaded sub would be enough for me.

It very well could be. Dual subs typically adds more SPL but also smoothes out the bass response throughout the room. When I had a single Velodyne, I could move from 1 chair to another and the bass response was almost non-existent due to being in a null.