Stick with Forte ll

Bikeboy

Stick with Forte ll or move onto Focal (826v) / paradigm Studio 100. Moving soon the Forte would be a bit cramped. The networks have been updated 6 -7 yrs ago by Chris Munson. How critical is Forte speaker placement. Has anybody compared above mentioned speakers? If I can fit them maybe it's time for more upgrades I've heard of Critesspeakers.com on this forum.

One more question the grills are in good shape on the Forte's they just have a stain on them has anybody somehow refinished there grills? Lots of questions I know the bug has bitten once again.

Thanks for your imput.

I'd say stick with what you have until you at least get there. try them out and then you'd be able to make a more informed decision base on having worked with the space. ts possible to recloth the grills, its been done several times around here on various types of klipsch speakers.

What you have are fine loudspeakers from the factory better than most on the market. Upgraded can be truly world class. Stick with what you have but if you want more make love to what you have and give them the attention they deserve. KLF20 or CF3 would in my opinion be up grades if you want to go farther and switch to a narrower frontal profile cabinet of the same size as the Forte ll. If you have not yet heard the titanium diaphragms available for your Forte ll you are missing out. The loudspeakers you mentioned are not in the same league as your Forte ll. Hope this is of interest and helps you to decide. Best regards Moray James.

My best advice would be to stick with the Forte II. Each speaker will have it's own signature sound, but at this level of excellence it's just a matter of subjective preference. The speakers will sound different. However "different" and "better" are not the same thing. That Klipsch Heritage sound has been around since 1947. Old hat to some, but no other loudspeaker company has a speaker that has been in continual production for 65 years. That would be the Klipschorn. The Forte II, of course, is among the little brothers of the hoss. The sound is it's own signature in reproduction. Very few speakers can improve upon that, IMO.

p.s. I don't get anything if you stick with Klipsch! [;)]

good luck with the move. hope it's a good one. otherwise, moving $uck$ big time.

How critical is Forte speaker placement.

I've heard and I will attest that having the Forte II away from the wall is important. I would offer that giving them some room to work in left and right also helps. But even if you cram them into a smaller room and space they are worth holding onto until you are sure you can do better. Brad

If grill cloth is in otherwise good condition, I would consider a spray paint made for cloth/fiber. A google may yeild results on a product with a like or similar color. Have yet to do this myself but, have a chorus in some need. Good Fortune and loving my forte.

If grill cloth is in otherwise good condition, I would consider a spray paint made for cloth/fiber. A google may yeild results on a product with a like or similar color. Have yet to do this myself but, have a chorus in some need. Good Fortune and loving my forte.

Does anyone have suggestion for a spray paint to be used on grill cloth? I have a pair of Chorus grills that I just can"t seem to clean. Thanks, Brian

Does anyone have suggestion for a spray paint to be used on grill cloth? I have a pair of Chorus grills that I just can"t seem to clean. Thanks, Brian

Using "cloth spray paint" as a google this came up but, no experience actually doing it yet..:

http://www.simplyspray.com/product/simply-spray-upholstery-fabric-paint/