Best disc ever

CECAA850

• Moderators

I great up in the 90's with rap and hip hop. Beastie Boys and Run DMC are about as old as it gets for me. Haha

Ick!

Youngsters.........is that really music ? Surprise........ok i'm old.........but we did have cool music.....in our old opinion Stick out tongue

LOL....I didn't say it was great music, just that's what I grew up listening to. The older groups definitely required more talent than most of the groups I grew up listening to. Just having some fun with everyone. [:D]

Annie Lennox, Stills and Nash, Jackson Brown, Jeff Beck

Never heard of them before. Big Smile

You guys are killin me!!!!

i think my dad has talked about those guys before.

What took you so long?

i usually read/post from work and I've been home for the last 10 days (I go back to the office on Thursday), so I wasn't quite as johnny-on-the-spot. :P

My wife and I were talking about this last night, I am 30, I grew listening to classic rock with my dad. That was my big influence as a kid growing up which lead to heavier metal, including death metal. As heavy metal really started to get as I would say crappy, I was pushed back to my roots of music which is classic rock. In middle school about 3 of my friends and I were really the only ones who listened to a lot of these older guys. I have even found a love for classical music, jazz, and moetown and soul music. I was never really into hip hop, but I do respect and listen to the Beastie boys, and RUN DMC. I love music in a whole, especially if it has good meaning. My 9 year old daughter listens to some of the teeny boppy stuff, but has grown a liking to The Beatles. I am not out to hijacking this thread like I seem to do, as I will be checking out the Rock N ROLL hall of fame classics or best of or what ever the name of the disc is. But one thing that kills me about the Rock n Roll hall of fame, is that its not just a rock n roll hall of fame more of a music hall of fame.

• Moderators

When I think of great "oldies", I envision Mazzy Star, Boards of Canada, Kruder & Dorfmiester...etc. Indifferent

Who? I guess I need to stop following this thread. I honestly don't have a clue who most of these people are. I'm sure they are great artists though. That's one thing that makes this community so great...we all come from different generations yet still maintain a common bond through a love for audio and video. Happy New Year everyone! [:D]