I'm gonna be a daddy! ***Updated***

Shodrewken

Thanks everyone! We're super excited ( and scared beyond all belief [:P] ) The reality of it all really set it when we heard the heartbeat for the very first time. I think we'll get to know what it is around the 18-20 week mark. And as far as my speaker go, the wife said I could buy a pair of "beater" speakers till we have a house with a dedicated ht room. Glad I kept all the boxes for my ht setup [:)]

• Moderators

And as far as my speaker go, the wife said I could buy a pair of "beater" speakers till we have a house with a dedicated ht room. Glad I kept all the boxes for my ht setup

I wouldn't worry much about that we never had a problem with the kids around speakers, but put the grills on or they will be attracted to the pretty copper cones. [:P]

Maby we were just lucky ? pets and teenagers are worse for speakers, but if you can get another set of something.............

No reason to be scared about the new baby there tough little buggers, anyway they come with complete instructions, besides they will let you know when they are not happy with ANYTHING ! [:o] They come with a 100 +DB alarm which can be heard over anything 24/7, and years later it changes into more of a screeching sound and different faces, on the female version (never tried the other model) ! [;)]

OH... GAWD... Do you know what you've done? You've commited "parenthood". Did you not pay attention during sex-ed? This is an entirely preventable condition.

OK... Just kidding... There is no other experience quite like the moment the OB/GYN hands your newly born child to you.

For reasons that don't matter to this thread I only managed to father one. My Son is now 28 and also a father. All his young life I told him about the moments after his birth and it's effect on me. In the days following the birth of his daughter (my first grandchild) he said to me "No kidding Dad. There's nothing quite like that moment".

OMG... I find it hard to believe that just a couple of weeks shy of 29 years ago I cradled a tiny life in my arms. A tiny life that grew in to a 6'2" 200+ pound very fine man.

Congrats to you. You've embarked on a journey of great joy and a few tears. Myself I wouldn't trade the experience of parenthood for all the gold in the world.

• 2 months later...

Yeah sorry for the confusion, this was just the ultrasound today. Due date is somewhere around July 27th.

That's what I was thinking. I didn't think it was that long ago that you said you were expecting. Thought time was flyin'!