Toshiba HD-A30 HD DVD Player/Eagles Farewell 1 Tour *SOLD*

Rick

Up for grabs is my Toshiba HD-A30 HDDVD player, and the fantastic Eagles Farewell 1 Tour HDDVD disc.

I am the original owner of the Toshiba, having purchased it at Circuit City after HD DVD lost the death match with Blu-Ray. It is in very good condition for its age (I can only find a light scratch or two on the top of the unit) , and it comes from a child/smoke/pet free home. I probably used it to play about 50 movies in the first year I owned it, and since then it has only been used on occasion to watch the Eagles disc. It is a pretty good DVD upscaler, and I believe it would also make a great CD transport. Of course, the picture quality on HDDVD's is fantastic.

The Eagles disc is of reference quality. Anyone who has seen the DVD (or has been fortunate enough to see this HD DVD) would likely agree. While not advertised on the back of the case, I have read where others have said that it is DTS HD-Master encoded. But, the HD-A30 does not decode HD-Master (though it does do Dolby TrueHD). The next model up in the line (HD-A35) did decode HD-Master. Nevertheless, when I still had a multichannel HT setup, it played this disc in 5.1 PCM (96/24), and it sounds just incredible. It is also nice to have the entire show on 1 disc, unlike the DVD which is on 2 discs.

Details on the Toshiba:

• 1080P HD DVD Playback or DVD Upscaling
  • Dolby Digital Plus/TrueHD Decoding
  • DTS Decoding
  • VRS by Anchor Bay Video Processing
  • Sharc Audio Processor by Analog Devices (up to 192kHz capable)
  • Composite/Component/HDMI Video Outputs
  • Analog/Optical audio Outs

Included in the sale are the Toshiba HD-A30, remote, owner's manual, power cord, a 6' HDMI cable, and the Eagles HD DVD disc. I no longer have the original box, but it will be very safely packed for shipment.

My asking price is $65 Shipped. As always, I can only accept a Postal Money Order/Certified Check, sorry for the inconevience.

Holy smokes, while I've had some quick sales in the past, this one takes the cake! Surprise

Thanks wuzzer!! Cool

One minute after the last picture was posted. I don't think you can get much faster than that! 'The check is in the mail.' Smile

Indeed!! I was getting ready to post it for sale on another forum, and you snatched it up before I even had a chance to... [Y]

I thank you, and my "girl singer of the month", the very beautiful Miss Sarah McLachlan thanks you!! [;)]

Yep, even wrapped a towel around the player so it wouldn't get scratched. Hope that doesn't break up a set Rick! Smile

LOL. Yep, I admittedly have a touch of OCD, and I'm a perfectionist... [:D]

Have you tried it out yet? That Eagles disc is hard to beat!!

The only thing "bad" about the HDDVD players is their painfully slow loading times, but it never bothered me...

Thank you once again, and enjoy!! [H]

I did put in the disc. Played 'Walk Away' and it sounded incredible. Then my wife said she wanted to watch TV. Oh well.

I actually have one HD-DVD/DVD combo disc, Firewall with Harrison Ford.

Thanks for the offer on the craigslist HD-DVDs but I already have most of those movies on Blu-Ray.

I actually bought a Toshiba HD-DVD player after they had been out for a while. Had the Eagles concert. Didn't have the system I have now so I can't wait to watch the whole thing at reference level!

I ended up selling the player after HD-DVD was discontinued. I always regretted doing that. Anyone who is an Eagles fan should pick up an HD-DVD player just for that disc!