sub question

HAmmer32261

I really don't think it matters as much as most people think. I have owned well designed sealed subs and ported subs and enjoyed both. My new sub is ported and I can tell you that it is just as articulate as my high-end sealed subs. With that said, this new ported sub digs waaay deeper than my sealed subs ever could.

To answer your question: right now ported:)

I really don't think it matters as much as most people think.

K5SS is correct. A lot depends on the quality of the sub. There have been blind test and the results of the listeners was unequivocal. From a techincal view, I think bottom firing subs with slots have a slight advantage over the other subs.

Not till at least March. Got a daughter getting married next month. Play time has been curtailed.

Congratulations! Kind of thinking about a table tuba from BF website and replace my glass coffee table. I might give DIY a try........darn inspirational threads!

You must have read my mind MechMan

because i was debating on the XS-30 or the XV-30

but after reading these responses looks like the XV-30 will

be my choice,

Glad I could help man.

Tom is a great guy to deal with. Give him a call and give him your expectations, he may just surprise you.

Generally speaking, the more effortless the sub the better I like it. I haven't tried an IB sub. I do own self powered sealed, self powered ported, and externally powered horn loaded subs. Without question, the horn loaded subs reproduce low notes with the greatest ease of these three. They are also the least costly. On the negative side, they are much larger than their bretheren. I have more experience with powered ported subs than any other sub type. They seem to be more window rattlers than the other two types. This is based on personal observation. They resonate more than sealed or horn loaded. They make great HT subs. As for sealed subs, well I don't have a lot of experience with them. The one I own does musica and games extremely well. It doesn't seem to do movie LFE as well as I would have hoped. Now I am comparing this sealed dual 12" 300 watt Epik sub with a ported single 12" 900 watt Paradigm. The Epik is more musical, and the Paradigm is better at LFE.

This is all subjective, and I am comparing apples to Volkswagen Beatles.

The bottom line here for me is, I will use the sub which is best suited for my needs. There is no one size fits all, and there is no overall best at everything. You don't have one gun and call it your hunting gun. You have a deer rifle, a shotgun, a .22, maybe a pistol, and of course that elephant gun.

There is no one size fits all, and there is no overall best at everything. You don't have one gun and call it your hunting gun. You have a deer rifle, a shotgun, a .22, maybe a pistol, and of course that elephant gun.

You don't live where I live, he he. We use huntin guns

There is no one size fits all, and there is no overall best at everything. You don't have one gun and call it your hunting gun. You have a deer rifle, a shotgun, a .22, maybe a pistol, and of course that elephant gun.

You don't live where I live, he he. We use huntin guns

You sure that aint an assault rifle?

[:P]