For Sale Forum?

tripod

Has there ever been a For Sale forum here for members to list their equipment? If not, it sure seems like there would be enough interest to support it. It seems like we are all fairly addicted to evolving upgrades. What better way to sell and buy used equipment than from other members of this forum?

That being said, anyone looking to sell a pair of SF-1's to a new speaker junkie?

On a related note, how about a forum dedicated to successful strategies for explaining the need for speakers to spouses? Again, there seems to be a clear need here, at least on my part. cwm1.gif

I think we all tried about a year ago to convince the Webmaster to create a new forum expressly for the purpose of buying and selling used Klipsch. Last time I recall, the idea died on the vine in the Klipsch legal department. Not sure why -- with the appropriate legal caveats, e.g., Klipsch makes no warrants or representations regarding the validity of the information presented herein, nor will it be held responsible for the claims and actions of the forum's participants, and the forum is for the express purpose of noncommercial transactions, yada, yada, yada -- we could be up and running. Some smart lawyer at Klipsch should be able to craft a couple of paragraphs that gives them the protection they need, while providing us with a useful conduit for private party transactions and protecting the interests of their retail dealer network.

My 2 cents,

C

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by chickey on 06-19-2002 at 12:39 PM

Yep, the "General Questions" forum seems to work pretty well, as do some of the forums. Board members have been free to state what they have to sell or what they are looking for to buy. Many a deal has been started here and completed through private email.

Klipsch isn't providing a dedicated place for buy/sell/trades so their should be no legal liability on their part.

I'll throw in a vote as well, though it will be just as easy to use this forum. I have my parent's KV-3 I will be posting shortly. They are selling it after I got them their walnut Academy to match up with the rest of their walnut HT; Forte IIs as mains, Fortes as surrounds, and KG 1.2s for back center. Good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...