I am leaving on Friday

Kain

On Friday, June 21, 2002, I will be going to Pakistan (that's where I am from) for about a week or two to visit family members and so on. I am not sure if I will be able to visit the Klipsch Forum as I am not sure if I'll have a connection to the Internet.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let ya all know. Smile.gif

By the way, my uncle there as an "okay" home theater. He has one of those Sony home theaters with a Sony 43" Rear Projection TV. I know it is not what we call "high-end" but atleast it ain't Bose! cwm27.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: (Still deciding)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Arcam DV88

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Thanks. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

The Pakistani role in all this terrorist conflict is delicate and complex to be sure. Without Pakistani assistance, the recent (hopefully beneficial) changes in Afghanistan would not have so readily transpired.

It looks now like the potential nuclear conflict with India has cooled a bit... so at least we shall not likely remember you as being atomized BEFORE your Klipsch ship came in.

Enjoy your holiday. -HornED

PS: If you can demonstrate HT joy beyond Sony to your uncle... maybe he can impress your father. Young men need to find and press all the elder buttons they can find to live the "good life" earlier than their earning capacity may allow. Then again, there is my son... who didn't have to push a single button to have his young life Klipsch fortified.

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-20-2002 at 07:55 AM

I agree with Ed. The situation in Pakistan is a very complex one to say the least. We know that President Bush has a tough job but when it comes to Pervez Musharraf ,well,there's one man's shoes I wouldn't want to be walking around in. Anyway , I know I joke around alot but have a safe trip Kain.

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

Which Conflict??? The One Between Paky and India or Between Packy GOV and their own people? We'd be better off without the Paky Gov so called cooperating. You Sheep dont Even know WWIII has Started. LOL Be Better to Get those Govs out of the way to better Nuke the bastards.

------------------

Go Forth and Hump the World

... so any ways...

have a great trip. take some pics. don't know why, but why not? i love to take pics, HATE to be in them.

maybe if you can get your uncle into thinking about a serious home theater it will rub off on your dad. worked for me Smile.gif

Be safe. This goes for whereever a person goes. No place is disaster proof, America is proof.

Good luck, good trip, good bye Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by forresthump2:

Justin Wish we could see you in a Photo. I have this vision of You looking Like Chip Gulliani. LOL

i have posted a photo before, how about you theears? oh i mean forresthump oh i mean... who else are you? where's your picture?

so, back on topic, KAiN, you're not going to be in a dangerou sarea are you? My Algebra teacher lived in that area for years. His car was bombed once and every night he could hear and see bombs fly over his apartment.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

quote:

Originally posted by forresthump2:

Hey Justin how do you know he's not Already in a dangerous area and how do you know yore not in one? Wake up kid. So naive. LOL Kain will be amoungst Friends if you know what I mean.
Wink.gif

you erk me. read my posts!

quote:

Be safe. This goes for whereever a person goes. No place is disaster proof

i am naive? whatever

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Thanks guys...and forresthump. Smile.gif

I am leaving right now. Smile.gif

And no, I ain't going to a dangerous place, I go there nearly every 6 months. I am going to Karachi. Smile.gif

See ya all! Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

great! enjoy!

do y'all say ain't often? found that intriguing! (it is late, give me a break Smile.gif)

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Hava good trip! Don't do anything stupid!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

Don't do anything stupid!

and to think that came from Kenrat Smile.gif

j/k of course Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Kain

Since you are from there and have family there, you will be safe.

I have a co-worker from Pakistan and he tells me that over there you go deer hunting by having one person chasing them in a jeep while the passenger is shooting at them.

Sounds like fun....

JM

Forrest,

Take an extra "happy pill".

There is a thought we may be proactively preventing WWIII. Finally covert ops are major players in the game after many years on the sidelines and they are highly motivated.

Kain,

Take the time to understand the freedom implicit in a constitutionaly limited republic. India and Turkey pursue their own form of freedom. A risky experiment the UK even shys away from.

Hopefully more countries in your part of the world can realize the benefit. Even with all the faults, freedom works here.

Be careful as you travel.