1994 La Scala's in Central Florida

endover

I tried convincing the wife that these would look great in the family room but after two years of trying, it just hasn't worked so...it's time to let them go. They are 1994 La Scala's with consecutive serial #'s (0534933230 and 3231), LS BIR LAC with light water staining on the tops and down in the bins from the previous owner and yes...they sound absolutely awesome. There are no grills but I don't believe any were intended for these. My woodworking friend who knows much more about wood than I says they'd be easy to clean up. I would really like to get $900 for them as I'm trying to build up a little cash to switch over to separates. I live in Melbourne, Florida over on the East coast. Obviously, I would prefer local pickup on these. I took a bazillion photo's and tried to post the worst case staining between the two speakers. I have lots more pics if someone needs to see them. Despite what the photos' may show, the wood matches perfectly with each other. There is one spot on the top back where the veneer has popped off. I stuck a penny next to it for scale. Did I mention that they sound awesome! It's really good that I love my wife this much..... Oh yeah, there are markings inide the back of the cabinets where the AL-3's are that appear to be from the factory. It almost looks like someone traced out a cut or glue pattern and decided they didn't like it and turned the wood over and used it. This doesn't effect sound or cosmetics as it's up inside. I'll post a pic of that as well.

post-14200-13819829946078_thumb.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and this parts not for sale but I thought I'd just throw the photo in there since it was close by. It's my 1965 Ringo Classic set. I have all the original pieces including the white pearl snare that goes with it but I have a couple of pieces swapped out for now.

post-14200-13819829954412_thumb.jpg

Really nice looking set. If I didn't have one pair in use and another that I'm working on...

At least you have Chorus IIs, the other Klipsch that I would have if I didn't have LaScalas.

Really, I wilsh you well on the sale.

Bruce

next time spend the two years refinishing the speakers so your better half will feel go about having them in there. You have an amazing wife I would of divorced you if you spent two years attempting to get those into my living room. sounding good is obviously not enough in your home.Best regards Moray James

PS: good luck with the sale

sure change the filters put some synthetic in the case and a bottle of additive in the tank filler up with Shell and go for a road trip. Do the motor good burn out the carbon. Get back in touch with hiway food gas station bathrooms see new billboard adds. Never hurts to hit the road now and again stretch our horizon a little meet some new folks. Good for ya go do it. Best regards Moray James.

So nobody needs to make a road trip to warm, tropical Walt Disney World in the middle of a nasty, icy cold winter!? I'm only an hours drive from Orlando. The whole family could come. You just might have to make them sit outside your vehicle on your drive back once you put the La Scala's inside...They'll get over it!