I am really happy with my current 2 channel rig

The Dude

I just wanted everyone to know how happy I am and no words can explain it(OK I am not having a baby or getting married which I would even happier in those moments). I have been recently moving gear around, selling gear, purchasing gear, in which I still am not done with yet. But for now I am utilizing what I have for a system and it sounds very good. Just to give you a run down, I have never been able to finish a project in this hobby Not even my everyday setup for TV watching which all ways seems to be changing as well. But I started building a HT in my basement with a all Heritage system, ya know Khorns, and Lascala for the LCR, and Heresies for the surrounds. As that seems to be taking a while, I have been once again trying to utilize something, in this case the space a place for me to get away from it all and just listen to music. So I sold my 5 channel HT amp, brought the MC2505 downstairs along with my Rotel receiever, and started using the Khorns I setup. It sounded really good to me. Then as the Rotel started crapping out, I set out to finish a project I started about a year ago, my Vacuum tube audio sp6 kit, from Tubes4hifi.com. I just finished, installing the phono pre amp last night and am still giving it some testing to make sure it is good to go before I install it in my cabinet for a more permanent home. I have recently sold the mid horns in the Khorns to fund the next upgrade, as the Altecs just weren't cutting it for me. So I moved my Heresies down stairs to play some music. I am currently running through Pink Floyd's The Wall on vinyl as I know this is the album that brings me to tears all most as I listen plus I know how it should sound, and lets just say this is how it should sound. Voices, music, all are sounding live like here in my basement. As I set 16 feet from the speakers that are spaced approx. 5 feet apart angled in with some crappy diy sound panels in between, and on the sides. I have said it once before, I don't know what folks mean lack of bass, yes it is not chest kicking bass but I think they are very warm and lively.

Sorry for the very long paragraph normally I would blame it on Google Chrome, but I did poorly in grammar class so there you have it.

Dam this sounds good, I whish you all were here to talk more in person about this sound unfortunately you can't be, maybe someday I will get to one of these gatherings or even the Pilgrimage but for now the forum will just have to do, until then. Thanks you all for all the help, I wouldn't have herd this sound if I never stepped foot in this forum, some of the people I hang around just don't understand, but you all do. Thanks.

Congratulations Duder! [<:o)]

That is what we all strive for.... Audio Nirvana. [Y]

By all means, spend as much time with your set up as you can and try some different (to you) genres, you might be surprised what you like now that you have that awesome set up.

Cheers....

Dennie

• Moderators

Congratulations, that's the best part of this hobby by far. And this is with the smallest in the family your going to use in that room, that has to be encouraging.

Thanks you all for all the help, I wouldn't have herd this sound if I never stepped foot in this forum, some of the people I hang around just don't understand, but you all do. Thanks

[Y]

I say that all the time, from everyone that has given me advice, which is to many to count, you have no idea how much it has helped and is appreciated.

I know just how you feel.

Thanks you all for all the help, I wouldn't have herd this sound if I never stepped foot in this forum, some of the people I hang around just don't understand, but you all do. Thanks

Yes

I say that all the time, from everyone that has given me advice, which is to many to count, you have no idea how much it has helped and is appreciated.

I know just how you feel.

I have realized that you don't even have to post a question in a thread, just a lot of reading can get you that.

Congratulations Duder! Party!!!

That is what we all strive for.... Audio Nirvana. Yes

By all means, spend as much time with your set up as you can and try some different (to you) genres, you might be surprised what you like now that you have that awesome set up.

Cheers.... Beer

Dennie

Totally agree on the genre thing. My tastes have always been fairly open with the exception of 2 or 3 specific types of music (which shall remain nameless :) However, once I acquired my reference setup I decided to re-explore the possibilities. Wow. It's amazing what clarity can do to turn you on to different types of music. Happy camper!

Strange and wonderful how we manage to arrive at things sometimes. So glad to hear you haf found a special place. I hope that this is one of many such moments for you. I know what you mean about the Heresy. I have a set of H3 and they are very modified but I can play yello touch for example and get that bowel full of jello effect where you more or less stop hearing and start feeling the air in the room go all wobblie. I don't think most Heresy owners would believe it. Congrats on your breakthrough.Best regarda Moray James.

Thanks for sharing duder. Great post. Reminds me to slow down some on the tweaking/purchasing and do more listening. Use upgrade funds toward new music.

this is the album that brings me to tears all most as I listen

[Y] Know what you mean. For me it's either tears or goosebumps at those great moments in music.