New Upgrades, Room Decisions, Need opinions.

QUiKSR20

Hello All,

I Havent changed my rig in a long time, But now that I finally have a few bucks its time!
Forever I have had ( basic ) Klipsch SB3 front speakers, SC1 center, and little baby Quintetts in the rear.

My sub is still a basic KSW12, No need to update as im in a condo and neighbors already knock on my door from time to time ( when I move its getting upgraded ).

Front

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rear

Posted Image

Now im upgrading my front stage, Next week I should be replacing the fronts and center with the following :

• RF-62 II Fronts

• RC-62 II Center

I would love to get the proper RS-52 II rears but I cannot afford them as of yet, Now my dillema is

originally I was going to sell my current front/center setup, I listed it on Craigslist but just low ball offers.

Is $250 too much money for SB-3's / SC-1 Center / WoodTech Stands all mint?

Since I am not getting many hits would they be better re-purposed as my rears replacing my Quintetts?

I wasnt sure if they would be just wasted on rears firing into my couch as they are not as tall, I can push

out my rears from 2ft to 3ft if need be ( I have the space )

Heres some measurements to help :

• Quintetts on stands ( top ) - 45"

• Top of couch cushion- 38"

• SB3's on stands ( top ) - 38"

• Stands - 21"

Rears are currently 2ft from couch and can go as far as 3ft.

Would love to hear any input as it would be benificial.

Basic room layout :

• M = Mains
  • C = Center
  • R = Rears

Posted Image

Thanks guys!!!

PS... Do you guys think this new front stage is going to make a huge difference in sound? Im hoping and pretty sure it will.

• Moderators

I believe you are in for a treat. I haven't heard the RF-62 but have heard the RC-62 (great speaker).

My suggestion would be to consider the RS-42 since your room isn't very large and the rears are close.

Here is a pair in NJ for $250 Link

You could always use them and later sell them for the same amount if you decide they do not meet your needs.

I would start by getting that center pointed more at the listening position. Seems as though its pointed at the ceiling? Is it upside down? Could just be the angle of the pic but it appears too steeply angled upward to do its job correctly. I think that those bookshelf speakers would be fine as rears for the time being. Give it a shot and let your ears decide :)

Upside-down center speaker alert!!

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but I bought an SC-1 center on eBay for less than $40 (at auction) a couple years ago. Just recently bought a pair of SB-3 bookshelves for $75 on craigslist. I think $50 for the center and $100 for the bookshelves is a reasonable amount to ask.

For the time being I would try your SB-3s as surrounds and see how they work. You already have them and already have stands for them so no extra money invested.

That is a nice listening/viewing area for a home theater in a condo. I think over the SB-3 and SC-1s you are in for a huge audible treat. If you plan to stick it out in the condo for a while and or if you would move to another condo in the future id consider a nice pair of Klipsch RB-61 Bookshelves left on those nice looking speaker stands. And id pair them with the RC-62ii Center. Id also put those bookshelf SBs as the rears until future upgrade is available to better match your new speakers. If you do intend to move to a single family home etc. and are able to turn up the theater more than Id take that into consideration and maybe shoot for the RS-42ii towers. You could always use the RB-61s now and later throw them to the back as surrounds.

I owned the RB-81s for a short time and those were fantastic bookshelves sounded and looked great. Good luck on the future upgrades its an exciting move

I believe you are in for a treat. I haven't heard the RF-62 but have heard the RC-62 (great speaker).

My suggestion would be to consider the RS-42 since your room isn't very large and the rears are close.

Here is a pair in NJ for $250 Link

You could always use them and later sell them for the same amount if you decide they do not meet your needs.

Nice, I plan on getting something like this in the future just cant afford it right now as will be shelling out the cash this week for my new front stage.

I would start by getting that center pointed more at the listening position. Seems as though its pointed at the ceiling? Is it upside down? Could just be the angle of the pic but it appears too steeply angled upward to do its job correctly. I think that those bookshelf speakers would be fine as rears for the time being. Give it a shot and let your ears decide :)

Yeah its angled, I thought since it was so much lower than the mains it would be better angled ( I was wrong and new center will be flat ).

Upside-down center speaker alert!!

FIXED LOL see above for reasoning, I was wrong.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but I bought an SC-1 center on eBay for less than $40 (at auction) a couple years ago. Just recently bought a pair of SB-3 bookshelves for $75 on craigslist. I think $50 for the center and $100 for the bookshelves is a reasonable amount to ask.

For the time being I would try your SB-3s as surrounds and see how they work. You already have them and already have stands for them so no extra money invested.

Change of plans, I lowered my price to $200 and I have a guy who wants to pick them up this week ( SWEET ), I would of tried in the rears but I would rather

save a little and get the appropriate reference rears in the future.

That is a nice listening/viewing area for a home theater in a condo. I think over the SB-3 and SC-1s you are in for a huge audible treat. If you plan to stick it out in the condo for a while and or if you would move to another condo in the future id consider a nice pair of Klipsch RB-61 Bookshelves left on those nice looking speaker stands. And id pair them with the RC-62ii Center. Id also put those bookshelf SBs as the rears until future upgrade is available to better match your new speakers. If you do intend to move to a single family home etc. and are able to turn up the theater more than Id take that into consideration and maybe shoot for the RS-42ii towers. You could always use the RB-61s now and later throw them to the back as surrounds.

I owned the RB-81s for a short time and those were fantastic bookshelves sounded and looked great. Good luck on the future upgrades its an exciting move

Sweet glad to hear im in for a suprise in sound! I thought about other book shelfs but I have the room for the floor standers and there less prone to being top heavy with

the little guy running around.

I will keep you guys posted, Still getting prices for many diff Klipsch dealers to get the best price, It seems for the RF62II's the best so far is $799 for a pair.

Hello Quiksr20,

You will notice a huge difference by going with the RC-62 and RF-62. I've been using the RC - 62 for two years and it's a great center, you will hear a lot more detail since the speaker uses larger drivers and tweeter. You will also notice music being a lot better with the RF-62's compared with your current mains.

I have bought from www.sounddistributors.com and they have always given me a good deal. There are other authorized Klipsch dealers that offer great deals.

Good look with your journey.o

Hello Quiksr20,

You will notice a huge difference by going with the RC-62 and RF-62. I've been using the RC - 62 for two years and it's a great center, you will hear a lot more detail since the speaker uses larger drivers and tweeter. You will also notice music being a lot better with the RF-62's compared with your current mains.

I have bought from www.sounddistributors.com and they have always given me a good deal. There are other authorized Klipsch dealers that offer great deals.

Good look with your journey.o

Awesome I cant wait!!!, Yes they are who I saw some of the great prices, They even had a pair of RF82 II's for sale for 799+60 shipping says knicked in shipping and cant sell as new but 100% functional and warranty. For giggles I asked for pics of the damage, He just wrote back " Its very minor or I wouldnt be selling them" Call me for details.

$799 for RF82 II's minor dent / scratch or RF62 IIS new for $849 price both + $60 shipping.

Sound Distributors - RF82 II's EBAY

I cant wait to get the new speakers

That is a hard choice, the 82's or 62's. Is cherry the color you were after?

The set I linked to was real fast, Either would be purchased in Ash Black. 82's although a great deal maybe look a little huge in

my living room. Going to compare sizes to the 62's might be semi overkill for how much I can crank it up here. I know bigger is

better but have to keep the wife happy as well.

Hey Guys, This week I will start calling Klipsch dealers for pricing. I read on here in maybe this post or one of my post

guys have just called each dealer to get pricing and gone with the best which I will probably do as well.

When scouring Ebay recently for RF62 II's they have been few and far between usually around $950 w/free shipping but what keeps

popping up is RF 82 II's ( claimed open box whether from a show or customer return ) 100% full warranty and from authorized Klipsch

online retailer which is easily verified on Klipsch's site.

Perfect example :

Click Here : RF82 II's ( pair ) $960 Shipped

$960 Shipped RF82 II's ( If I could find 62's for $875 or so id prefer ) Although the 62 is my preferred speaker with 82's showing up almost same price its hard pass up.

Just dont want the 82's to look like overkill in my room and need to stay wife friendly

All comments welcome :) Im getting excited as I just sold my SB3/SC1 setup and have the cash to buy the new stuff.

1" wider, 4" higher, 1" deeper.....I would go for the RF-82 myself. My wife would never know the difference between the two speakers unless I had them side by side. Big Smile

Would any of you guys have objection buying from that listing? good price? Looks good to me and Authorized as well. From the sounds of it they will be no diff than

brand new and like $300 cheaper.

I think instead of looking on ebay you should call mike at acoustic sound design. I'm pretty sure you can get brand new unopened ones for the same price. But you have to call and ask. If you can buy the mains and center at the same time he will usually knock a bit more off if you bundle.

I think instead of looking on ebay you should call mike at acoustic sound design. I'm pretty sure you can get brand new unopened ones for the same price. But you have to call and ask. If you can buy the mains and center at the same time he will usually knock a bit more off if you bundle.

Thanks!!! I will call him on my lunch break, Maybe get a price on RF62IIs+RC62II

They are actually one of the sellers I see all over ebay.

I went from VF 35, VF 36 of the Icon series to the RF 7's, not a big difference in room space. I thought the 7's wood be to large but they fit in perfectly. What are you waiting for! Get those speakers. The larger speakers have a better soundstage. But, a good sub will make the smaller speakers shine.