Please Help! Recomend a receiver?

Salvador

Looking to upgrade my RX-V371 entry level Yamaha. I just bought 2 RF52II, 2 RS42II and RC-62II. I would like something with 3d pass though. I am upgrading tv next month. Also enough power to run this system. My current receiver is 100/5 but I think it is actually 80 RMS. I would also like something cheap but good, like my wife. I am on a budget. Thank you all in advance.

Sorry about that. Well, good and cheap just good enough for that system. I would say under a thousand. but if there is something out there for $400 that would do the job I would look into that to. Just the same something over my budget I would consider. I wish I could go high end, but I am a poor man.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTXNR818/Onkyo-TX-NR818-7.2-Ch-THX-Certified-Network-A/V-Receiver/1.html?c=sq#!specifications

Not $400.00 but definitely not $1000.00. You would be hard pressed to find a better receiver with more current modern features, better amp section, for under $800.00, IMO.

If still a little too much $$$, last years model has most of what this 818 has.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTXNR809/Onkyo-TX-NR809-7.2-Channel-Network-A/V-Receiver/1.html

Bill

I would consider going with separates instead of a receiver. You can buy an Emotiva UMC-200 right now on sale for $599 and a UPA-500 for $399. IMO you would have better sound quality than any receiver you can find for $1000. You would have to find a receiver "rated at 125 watts" or more to match the power of the UPA-500s true 80 watts per channel which is more than enough to push your reference speakers.

I've been very happy with Yamaha. I've had my share of troubles with Onkyo and have given up on them. check out eBay. in the aventage line a model number that ends with 00 is two years old, 10 is last years model, and 20 is the current model. you'd have to check the specs but I think 3D was included in last year's 10's. sounds like a 720 might meet your needs and budget. you can get an 810 for about the same price though so check all the specs.

I meant to buy a 2010 myself to replace my RX-v633 when the 2020's came out but I dilly dallyed and they seem to have all been sold. I keep watching. the 2020's are currently over my budget. I'm looking at the 20x0's because I want a 9.2 so I can power zone 2 speakers without a separate amp. I do have a separate zone 2 amp on my 633 but my plan is to move it to my 1000 when I upgrade. I should add that I'm using what Yamaha calls presence speakers with the 633 which means I have 5 fronts. the 10x0 will support zone 2 or presence but not both unless you use a separate amp. I think the presence speakers add a lot and I'll be adding a pair to my 1000 when I upgrade. the 30x0's support three zones or even more fronts.

If you can get away with spending 1000$, I think themrclean probably has the best suggestion. Though among receivers, I have always been partial to Pioneer. Even the lower end ones seemed to do extremely well with Klipsch, and it may be a placebo effect, but I just feel like there is something a bit more magical about Emotiva. Depending on what you are planning on doing as far as movies or games or music goes, the Pioneer might still be your best bet and you can always add an amp later on down the road if you need something more.