FS: PS Audio 200cx Power Amp and 4.5 preamp

opusk2k9

I am selling a PS Audio 200cx Stereo Power Amp 200Wpc and PS Audio 4.5 preamp.

PS Audio 200cx reviews:
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/amplifiers/ps-audio/ps-200cx/prd_124013_1583crx.aspx

I have them listed on CL, since I am hoping for a local sale (Chicago area):
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/3768453649.html

I have PDFs of the operating manuals for both and a PDF of the Stereophile review of the PS Audio 200cx that I can email to you.

The 200cx amp is listed for $500 and the PSA 4.5 preamp is $100 with the power amp, I can do a little better for forum members. The PS Audio 4.5 does come with the power adapter, it alone normally sells for $125-$250 on EB.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Thanks for the comment. The power amp built like a tank. It does have some quirks, like they recommend you don't have speakers attached when you turn it on/off.

Here is a review of the previous model, the PS Audio 200c power amp:
http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/741/index.html

I have a PDF of the 200cx review, that I can email anyone interested.

The preamp is sought after, I actually have the PS Audio 4.5 and 5.0 preamps. I can email the manuals for these, if anyone is interested.

Clarification:

I reread the operating instructions for the PS Audio 200c (the previous model). It was discussing in the "DC set-up procedure" that the confirms that your preamp doesn't have any DC offset. For this setup, it does recommend that you DO NOT have the speakers hooked up when you power on the amp. However, the PS Audio 200cx added a servo network to remove the DC offset risk. Sorry for the confusion.

There is a pop when turning on the amp with the speakers connected. The original owner confirmed this was the case from day one. I chose to disconnect the wire during power up/down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...
2 hours ago, VicD said:

Hi this is a long shot but you mentioned you had a manual for a ps audio 200cx. I have been looking for one foe ever can you share.

thanks Vic

From what I understand, the forum member you’re hoping to hear from passed away.

RIP Brandon 

I don't know how I missed this but this is so sad !

I met Brandon at a Chicagoland get together . Great  Guy !

I told him how upset I was with him because he beat me to every deal on Klipsch speakers in the Chicagoland area , He just laughed and later sent me a little thing he used to  alert him to any deals on the internet.  Very knowledgeable and very kind .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gnote said:

RIP Brandon 

I don't know how I missed this but this is so sad !

I met Brandon at a Chicagoland get together . Great  Guy !

I told him how upset I was with him because he beat me to every deal on Klipsch speakers in the Chicagoland area , He just laughed and later sent me a little thing he used to  alert him to any deals on the internet.  Very knowledgeable and very kind .

Yeah, as good as he was to us on this forum, he was great to his wife and daughter. His wife regularly posts pictures on fb of them and their activities from their past.... He was a great provider and they got to do a lot. 

The program that he used was one he wrote that auto-updated his computer for sales on Craigslist every 15 minutes (that was before fbmp was the thing). He shared the program with me too, but I wasn't at a computer all of the time.   
He was super smart, yet down to Earth and very friendly to everyone. 

• Like 1