Hurricane Season-2013

CECAA850

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that time of year again. Looks like there's already a weak low out in the Gulf.

As a crow flies, we are maybe 35 miles inland to closest point of gulf. That is not much when in their vicinity.

Water, food, first aid kit,batteries, generator....escape route.

Beaumont ..closer still.

Good fortune

edit: cooler full of ice with favorite beverages included[;)]

We rode the last 2 out and have since gotten a whole house generator. We're also far enough away from the water not to have to worry about storm surge. Rising water from a storm that sits over us without moving is one thing that can get us though.

Most of the big trees blew down during Rita. I cut the 2 big oak trees down in my front yard as their roots were starting to get under the foundation of my house. My neighbors have some trees but their not huge or terribly close. Luckily, the electricity coming to our house is underground also, but when the substations go boom, it doesn't matter where your lines are run.

Sounds good! Maybe you will dodge the weather activity although, you are in the zone. Eventually though, it will come. Preps are a good thing. We need to do more in all regards.

Best prep is a full tank of gas put to use just before everybody else...

Dave

Sounds good! Maybe you will dodge the weather activity although, you are in the zone. Eventually though, it will come. Preps are a good thing. We need to do more in all regards.

Dave

A wise decision. Just make sure you jackup your speakers first, or last.

Dave

Dave

I seem to remember you hunkering down as opposed to vacutatin Dave. Best advice you've never used??[:P]

• Moderators

It's that time again, hate to think about it but with the current temps you know it's time.

I seem to remember you hunkering down as opposed to vacutatin Dave. Best advice you've never used??Stick out tongue

[:(]

Anything over a 2 and were out of here.

We will watch it!

Thanks for the link! Site will update am thinking, or I will refresh it. Some of these local accuweather/local folks take more than a glance to reveal full situation, at times.

Did put petrol in the tank this AM, for kicks.