mixing Reference and Reference II speakers

Shawn-

Hi Shawn,

welcome to the forums!

I have a set of Rf 83's, a Rf 64 ii center ,with RB -75 surrounds..all the speakers are not matched to each other,,they just sound really good together.IMO whatever auto calibration you run will get things matched well enough .i can't tell they are different series.

• Moderators

I wouldn't have a problem mixing Reference with Reference II. It would be a bigger difference mixing front and center between say Synergy and Reference or Reference and Heritage. Probably not a good mix there.

Thanks for help :) I also got an email from klipsch today :)

This is what i wrote :

"Message: Hello , I have the old RF-82 speakers. Can i mix them with the new RC-62 II ? will it be a good match. (Timbre) ? "

And the answer :

"Hello,

Yes this should work just fine. The newer RC-62 II has a little more presence in the upper mid-range, but given this is your center channel, if anything, it would be more of a benefit.

Thanks,"

So its ok :)

I have another question also :) will rs-62 II as surround speakers be to much on a rf-82 ?
Because I think i want to buy that speaker in case I want to upgrade in future.

No.

Autocalibration will set the levels so the RS 62 will not over power the other speakers. To strong a speaker is better than to weak of a speaker to match the remaining speakers in the system.

Finally i decided what to do smile.gif Just ordered RF-82 II - RC-62 II - RS-62 II

Can't wait to get them smile.gif I was orginally thinking of having my old RF 82 with the new setup. but decided iam going to sell them

to have a complete 5.1 from the klipsch reference II series smile.gif