SOLD -- Cherry RF-5's between Tampa and Orlando, FL -- SOLD

Youthman

• Moderators

I purchased these RF-5's from Celso just 2 days ago with the intention of seeing if the RF-5's sounded better in my 2ch setup than my B&W DM 604 S3's. You can read all about my comparison here. I have decided that I prefer the sound of my B&W's over the RF-5's. They are B-Stock.

The speakers are in excellent condition overall. Only a few minor scratches and one very tiny dent in one of the drivers. If interested, I can take additional photos showing any cosmetic issues that I see. The speaker grills have no rips or tears and have all grill pegs and badges intact.

Local buyers only. Email or PM if intested.

Asking $450 $425 FIRM.

Michael

Klipsch-RF-5-1.jpg

Klipsch-RF-5-2.jpg

Klipsch-RF-5-3.jpg

Klipsch-RF-5-4.jpg

Klipsch-RF-5-5.jpg

• Moderators

Yeah, I have never seen the wood grain that esquisite before. Very beautiful design and definitely unique. The speakers are two numbers apart so their grain pattern is a little different but are both cherry finish.

I just called Klipsch. The original RF-5 are engineered in US, assembled in China. The newer Classic RF-5 are assembled in Hope.

I think the person you spoke to may have been mistaken, I have heard many times the original RF-5's were made in Hope.

I have always been in the impression that all of Klipsch's real wood veneer speakers were US made, while the vinyl covered speakers came from China

• Moderators

I thought the same thing. He said the Heritage, RC-7, RC-64, RF-7 were made in Hope. I mentioned the RF-83 too and he said, no, they were assembled in China. That's not what I've been told before.

Does the label help?

post-27215-13819856715734_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I just looked through photos of Klipsch Speakers I have owned and the RB-61, RS-52, RS-62 all say "Made in China" so I can only assume that if they were made in China, Klipsch will state it on the label. If that is the case, that would mean that the RF-83's and the RF-5's were made in Hope.

Can anyone verify this for sure?

• Moderators

Interesting your label rates the speaker at 150 watts, mine rates it at 250 watts

Klipsch website shows POWER HANDLING:
150 w max continuous (600 w peak) for both RF-5 and RF-5 Classic. Looks like a typo on your label.

Interesting your label rates the speaker at 150 watts, mine rates it at 250 watts

Klipsch website shows POWER HANDLING:
150 w max continuous (600 w peak) for both RF-5 and RF-5 Classic. Looks like a typo on your label.

Possibly a change in written specs, my RF-5's were first year editions that I purchased new 2001, at any rate mine are getting either 250 or 300 watts input. [:P]

Emotiva also lists two different specs on their XPA-2, some specs say 250 watts others say 300 watts. Anyway I know the RF-5's have no problem handling power.