SW112 rattling

Hutch1814

I bought my sub back in February and its worked flawless up until about a month ago. I noticed a rattle noise so I started to investigate and realized after I've moved everything that could possibly make the noise (even removed the blinds to test to make sure it wasn't them) I've found what I believe is the issue the amp. When I push firmly on it it stops, I'm waiting on klipsch support to email me back and I've spoke to the dealer that sold it to me. But 1, any idea whats caused this and 2, .how exactly would I fix this if they tell me I'm SOL? The dealer said I should be fine and he'll order me a new amp for it but is it the amp itself or maybe some form of padding that's no longer doing its job and causing the noise?

Nope, only because the dealer said if I do that I take a chance of voiding the warranty. He said Klipsch has started cracking down on DIY'ers and said to just wait to see what they recommend. I'm more wondering what everybody else thinks about the cause/issue

Nope, only because the dealer said if I do that I take a chance of voiding the warranty. He said Klipsch has started cracking down on DIY'ers and said to just wait to see what they recommend.

Must be all those pesky customers trying to revive their dead Sub 10 and Sub 12 amps he's referring to. The nerve of those people.

You hear of people modding their speakers all the time, I've never heard of anyone hot rodding their Klipsch sub. I call [bs] on your dealer.

I'm not doing the amp swap, dealer told me to bring it to them once klipsch responds with some direction. If they sayntake it there he would be the one having the amp replaced, I'm just worried its going to happen again. I mean 5 months in and it's rattling already kind of makes me wanna swap it out entirely for maybe 2 smaller subs

Well klipsch has offered to swap the entire sub out with a new one. What's weird is I took my sub to the dealer Monday and I called today and he hasn't even sent it back yet. He said he's waiting on an RMA ticket to send it back. How long am I gonna be without a sub? I'm really kinda disappointed about the whole situation. I'm glad they agreed to swap it but who's holding up who in this deal and how long has people waited for replacement equipment?

how could you possibly be dissapointed with a free replacement... sounds great to me.

He's disapointed that he has a broken product and no ETA on a replacement.

That's why I'm disappointed. I paid $600 for a sub and got 5 months of use out of it. Knowing how most things are made these days I'm not upset about the sub being bad, stuff happens. But the fact I've got $600 in a sub sitting in a box somewhere else with no eta on when ill get the replacement is just kinda bad customer service IMO. Just wish I would've handled it all myself that way I would've had an idea of when I should be receiving my replacement