Pilgrimage! Be there or be square...

Mallette

Crikey, mates. I just found out. Ron (Lonelobo) and I will be there.

Who else?

Mixed feelings...I want to see those of you I've met and meet those of you I haven't. OTOH, the less of you that are there the more I can hog the gear!

BTW, while I've got to check and see if the landlord will be in residence, but let me know if you might need a place to stay as we (OK, my brother) still own our ancestral home in Texarkana just 30 minutes from Hope and we will be staying there. Downside is there is only two beds and Ron and I will be in them. However, there is floor space in other rooms and you're welcome to put down a mattress if you bring it.

Dave

Carl, I hear the farmhouse is out for Friday night. May be something worth hitting in Hope that night or not. Last year Ron and I went over there Friday night and missed most of the morning stuff as we slept too late.

Not sure who all will be staying in TXK, but all are welcome to my old home place Friday evening unless a major something crops up in Hope.

Dave

Would love to go, but it is just such a major PITA for me to try to go out there. The last couple of times I tried to go out there ended up in complete disasters due to cancelled flights and crap like that. In fact, I ended up completely missing the one year thanks to Delta (nothing like a round-trip between D.C. the Detroit airport courtesy of Delta. [:|] ), not only that but I don't think there is such thing as a "cheap flight" to that area from here. Thus, I've decided to not even bother with any more Hope pilgramages. If it was in Indy, I'd be there as non-stop flights are friggan easy and much cheaper from here.

I've never understood the facination with Hope outside of the history - knowing you're walking on holy ground and all that. Seriously though, there isn't really much to do or see. It also smells bad (Tyson farm about a mile down the road).

Indy is much more interesting on just about every level.

I was happy to do Hope once, and that trip was kind of special since about a dozen of us got to visit Valerie Klipsch in her home -- thanks to Tony Reed for that. That part of the day was a complete hoot.

Well, thanks to those who seem to need "something to do" in Hope other than listen to Klipsch and commune with others, it's cancelled anyway.

Being raised in Texarkana, I know precisely what is in Hope...the home of Klipsch. It's a shame that isn't enough for more.

I was really looking forward to renewing acquaintances and making some real friends out of "virtual" ones, but perhaps such things are dying. I just hope the lack of interest doesn't extend to Heritage itself. If it does, the days of the Hope plant itself may be numbered.

Very disappointing...but it's OUR fault, not Klipsch.

Granted, I did not hear about it at all until a week ago and then only through a fluke, but I apparently wasn't the only one unaware as this thread seemed to surprise a few.

Perhaps a "sticky" post on every forum would have helped, maybe not.

Anyway, dead issue.

Dave