Veritcal Cornwalls- SOLD

dkalsi

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I was shocked to see these did not sell. Had 19 watchers - no bidder :-0. I've owned 6 pairs of Cornwalls, these are by far the most beautiful and best sounding. I've sold birch Cornwall II for $750 with stock crossovers (hence the reason why I was shocked they did not sell). I guess I'll try listing them again - but I don't think I am ready to let go for anything less than $850 cash for these. Whatever55 - I did try to respond to your message.

Thanks,

Dhar

Hi All,

I was shocked to see these did not sell. Had 19 watchers - no bidder :-0. I've owned 6 pairs of Cornwalls, these are by far the most beautiful and best sounding. I've sold birch Cornwall II for $750 with stock crossovers (hence the reason why I was shocked they did not sell). I guess I'll try listing them again - but I don't think I am ready to let go for anything less than $850 cash for these. Whatever55 - I did try to respond to your message.

Thanks,
Dhar

If possible .... I need a realty check

These speakers were listed on the forum for $900, then off to ebay for $750 starting price...

No bids, a lot of lookers. I had to have some answers to a condition.... one reason I did not bid the other was if sold on ebay there would be fees that would reduce profit even more so I contacted the seller and expressed an interest.

email back and forth worked fast and good until I brought up the price, then the moonbeams fell out of alignment.... and email stopped working

Since the starting price was $750 with pick up ( no meeting part way ) that is what I offered. I guess I should have bid on ebay.

Anyway Am I wrong being upsetwith this shell game... or did I miss a meeting ?

Let the arrows fly,

Thank You All

Hi All,

Thanks,
Dhar

These speakers were listed on the forum for $900, then off to ebay for $750 starting price...

<snip>

Let the arrows fly,

Thank You All

I questioned this too. [:S]

Let the arrows fly,

Thank You All

No arrows here as I believe you raise a legitimate point. Here's his quote. "

On E-Pay - ENDING TODAY!!!! - Someone is going to get a killer deal - remember, the DeanG crossovers are like $500. Thats like getting the most beautiful pair of walnut cornwalls for $250!!!!!!!!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/271261610990?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 "
To me that reads as if he'd sell them for 750 (500 + 250) if picked up.

All, I do apologize for the confusion. I listed the e-pay listing here in hopes of raising interest. Although I had started the listing at $750, I was really hoping the final bid price would end up far more than that. I am really glad that they did not sell for $750 (plus I was going to lose e-pay and paypal fees on top of that). Those of you who are familiar with the speakers know that, even at $850, its a screaming deal! Its just not worth it for me to sell it any less than that. "Whatever" - I sincerely do apologize for confusion. I've done deals here with many fellow forum members and have always had positive feedback. I have perfect feedback on Audiogon as well as E-pay. Sorry all. I have a pending sale, maybe if it does not follow through, I may consider reducing the price. Thanks,

D

To be clear as I'm confused. If someone would have bid 750 on e-bay, you would have been forced to sell them at that price minus fees which would have netted you 661 or so. Is that correct? You also will not sell them to a forum member for 750, is that also correct? On first blush it seems that you'd have sold them to a complete stranger for 661 yet expect a forum member to pay roughly 200 more than that. Are my assumptions incorrect?

Today I got an answer as to why emails stopped working...

Here is what I was sent...

" I really thought they would go much more than $750. I have a potential
buyer at this point. If deals falls though, maybe we can revisit the
price."

Hi All,

Thanks,
Dhar

No bids, a lot of lookers. I had to have some answers to a condition.... one reason I did not bid the other was if sold on ebay there would be fees that would reduce profit even more so I contacted the seller and expressed an interest.

email back and forth worked fast and good until I brought up the price, then the moonbeams fell out of alignment.... and email stopped working

Since the starting price was $750 with pick up ( no meeting part way ) that is what I offered. I guess I should have bid on ebay.

Let the arrows fly,

Thank You All

That's total [bs]. I wouldn't have anything to do with him at this point. You offer him more in his pocket than what he would have gotten on e-bay and he turns you down. He even stated that you could get them for 750 in his post. What a crock.

Again All - Sincere apologies for the confusion. Had I received a bid at $750, I would have been forced to sell them at that price. But really, with 19 ebayers watching,I thought they would go far above that. Honestly, I consider myself lucky because no one bid at that price. I'm not trying to rob any forum member here. In regards to my price for total strangers, I had these listed at $1000 on Audiogon and $1000 as a e-pay BIN price. For fellow forum members, these were priced at $850. Is $850 not a fair price (and that too with original and DeanG crossovers?)

No confusion that I can see. I was making an observation that you would have sold them on e-bay for 750 (660 roughly) and won't sell them to a forum member for that very same price. It doesn't matter what you thought you could get, that's irrelevant. Their worth has nothing to do with that scenario either. Personally I wouldn't deal with a forum member who conducted business that way, but there may be some here who have no problem with that. To each his own.

Let me know if there are any inaccuracies in the above statement and I'll certainly make the appropriate corrections.

As an aside, it seems as if whatever55 was looking out for your best interests by buying them from you personally as opposed to purchasing them directly from e-bay. It would have netted you more and still cost him the same. He seemed to have a fellow forum members best interests at heart. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a common theme in this thread.

If I'm off base in my feelings, I'm sure there'll be plenty of forum members come to your defense.

I concur. The point is he started the bid at $750 to raise interest since he had no interest. Had someone bid, he would have to sell at that price. But he WOULD NOT SELL TO FORUM MEMBER for that price. Everything else is irrelevant no matter what he thought.

No confusion that I can see.

Is $850 not a fair price (and that too with original and DeanG crossovers?)

Aparantly not. If 750 was a fair price, someone would have bid on them on e-bay. E-bay is a wonderful tool for finding market value. A no-sell on e-bay for 750 and a forum price for 850..............fair? You tell me.

As far as listing them on A-gon for 1000 goes, they didn't sell there either so that's irrelevant also. You could have not sold them for 20,000, it doesn't make them more valuable just because you ask more for them (and don't get it).

i would have bought them for $900 months ago if they were within 5 hrs round trip and not 16 plus.

these are worth every bit the money to me.

i think he knows what happened and you guys know what happened. if your not interested in buying them move on or do it in a PM

i think he knows what happened and you guys know what happened. if your not interested in buying them move on or do it in a PM

I'm not interested in starting up a PM chit-chat, thanks. I was hoping my posts would prompt him to start a dialog with whatever55 who seemed to want them. It would be nice if they could come to an agreement and this story have a happy ending.

Happy ending indeed. These went to a fellow forum member for $850. Thanks all and sincere apologies once again. CECCA, Your understanding was accurate - apologize for my behavior. I love this forum and hope my actions do not discourage fellow forum members from dealing with me indefinitely. Thanks