RF 82ii and Rc 64i or ii

joehernandez509

Hi guys Iam new here since I am a new owner of a pair of Rf 82ii , these are my first pair of Klipsch speakers. So far i am very happy with them. I went into my dealer to buy a pair of RF7'sii but after I heard the 82's I liked what i heard and they fit better in my room for now . Eventually once my garage is ready i will need the rf7's. Anyhow I am currentley looking for a rc64 version one or two. (I put up a wanted ad in the garage sale section) With that said I was wondering if anyone out there was using a pair of 82ii with an rc 64 one or two. I would like to know how you think this combo sounds . thanks joe

I ran the rc-64ii with the rf-82 and loved it. Plus if you plan on the rf-7ii at some point then you will have the center to match with them. And you can use the 82 as rears. The rc-62ii is a nice center but the rc-64ii is on another planet. I would get the new rc-64ii so it will match the rf-7ii when you get them. The old one has a horn to match the rf-83 and rf-63. So if the plan is the rf-7ii down the road buy the rc-64ii.

Thanks for reply , yeah for now I am thinking of getting the rf7ii's in the future so the rc64ii would then b the choice. What are your thoughts on the 82's for music? I find them to have very sharp imaging,they put all instruments and singers in there place. The soundstage is not deep, it seems to put the music right up front, it is like you are in the front row, treble is nice and it seems like they can put out some good bass. These are my initial thoughts, i have not had them long at all so there not even broken in yet. Overall for there price I was shocked at how they sound and especially how they can place instruments on the soundstage. Do you still run the 82s or what are you using now?

just noticed you have rf7's so can you tell me what the r7's do better than the 82's

The soundstage on your 82s wil open up more as time goes on....I have to agree about the 7s....a lot of people were shocked when I said the 7s blew away my 82s....they do...sound is bigger...dynamics are better...soundstage is wide....they just do it all so effortlessly. Paired with the 82s as surrounds you will be in home theater heaven.

ok, but what do you guys think of the rc7, there is one for sale close to me

The RC-7 is a fantastic center channel.

how does that stack up against an rc64

It stacks up very nicely withe RC-64 but it is timbre matched to the RF-7 and RB-75.

would it match my 82's.

I don't think so. The RF-82 is a more "laid back" Reference tower while the RC-7 definitely is not laid back. It is very forward sounding.

Bill

• Moderators

Typically, RF-7's can be found for around $800. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little to a lot less. I paid $400 for my son's RF-7's but those deals are few and far between and you have to jump on them mighty fast. I called the seller within a few minutes of him posting it and while I was on my way, another forum member called me and asked if I was "the guy from plant city" that was on my way to pick them up. He was 2nd to call the seller and was only 5 minutes away from the seller. I drove 1.5hrs to pick them up and even stopped by the forum member's home since I was down that way to meet and check out his beautiful RF-7 system.

maybe its worth a try and if i don't like it then i sell it . Is the rf 7 a two way and whats the going price if we can talk money on here.

I could be happy building a system RF7/RC7, RF7II/RC64II and In my case RF7/RC64. The other posters are correct on timber matching the mains to the center. In my case the avr has a timber matching filter and it is not as crucial, or maybe my hearing is just bad, he he[:S]. It is easier to find a stand for the RC 64/64II if that is a consideration.

• 3 weeks later...

OK just a quick update . I purchased the rf 83's and the rc 64 which are in mint condition with original boxes .I am using another pair of klipsch speakers I had in the garage , I cant remember the model, kg something for surrounds and so far I am happy . I haven't had a chance to use them to much yet so I do not want to say to much . However I will say that so far I have noticed the 83's have great bass and they are not forgiving speakers . If the recordings suck then that's what you get. They do not sugar coat anything which is good. Iam so happy that for music I do not need a sub and they are very detailed. I have to watch more movies to give an opinion about the center.

I had a hsu vt2 mk3 that I sold because where I have the speakers for right now is a little tight and to be honest the bass with the 83's even on movies is great so I sold the sub. But eventually I will be getting another one . What sub would you guys recommend with this set up?

I also plan on getting the rs 62 or 81's for surrounds eventually if i keep these. any other suggestions?

I forgot to mention I am using an marantz mm7055 to push the speakers and it is doing pretty good . It runs pretty cool even after running for a while and it is sounding real nice.

But eventually I will be getting another one . What sub would you guys recommend with this set up?

In your neighborhood.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ele/3966653581.html

00909_bxTfXZ4LtFZ_600x450.jpg

I owned two of these and ran one of them with my RF-63/RC-64/RS-35 combo in my 6000 ft3 room. One sounded very good, two sounded even better. Very good performance for music and movies.

Bill

• Moderators

Joe welcome to the RF-83 family! You are correct, the RF-83's have a fantastic amount of bass but you will definitely benefit for both 2ch and HT using a sub. I had a single Velodyne HGS15 and it was great. I added a second sub because although I heard the bass, I wasn't readlly "feeling" the bass. I then had the opportunity to buy a Klipsch RSW-15 to see how it compared to my Velodyne. Once I hooked it up, I sold one Velodyne and after a month of not even turning on the other Velodyne, I sold it too. The RSW-15 alone allowed me to really "FEEL" the bass.