My Trip to the Motherland

philly0116

I made my first trip to Hope yesterday, which is sad given I live less than 2 hours away. I contributed the original crossovers, Type 2R, out of my '64 Cornwalls to the museum. I spent a couple of hours with Mr. White, aka "Bodark". He has the museum set up very nice. They were technically closed, he just met me there to accept the donation so the museum on Division st is the only one I actually went in. Mr White was an extremely nice guy. He hooked me up with 2 t-shirts for the donation!! I also picked up a couple of coffee mugs!

post-55909-1381985922769_thumb.jpg

Semi interesting side note, at least I thought so. PWK did not endorse the 50th anniversary Khorns. In the museum they have the letter he typed to Fred Klipsch telling him he did not appreciate the 50th aniversary Khorn and the original design was a proven design and he "would not endorse such pseudo art". Kind of made a pair of 50th anniversary horns a little less appealing to me!

Semi interesting side note, at least I thought so. PWK did not endorse the 50th anniversary Khorns. In the museum they have the letter he typed to Fred Klipsch telling him he did not appreciate the 50th aniversary Khorn and the original design was a proven design and he "would not endorse such pseudo art". Kind of made a pair of 50th anniversary horns a little less appealing to me!

The 50th anniversary K Horns are nice looking speakers and they look like they used the same components as the other K Horns. Just because PWK didn't like the way they look doesn't mean that they are not nice looking. I think I read that he didn't like rock music either. I still like the Rolling Stones and Supertramp anyway.

Anyway, looks like a fun trip and visit. Thanks for the pics.

In all fairness, PWK did not design rock, so his opinion on that would not compell me to like or dislike it. He did however design the functional peice of art that is the Klipschorn so his opinion of what it should or should not look like does weigh on me.

• 2 weeks later...