Wanted to buy: CP25 & BMS 4592ND-MID

Gorm

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know a good place to get a deal on some new BMS's?

Talk to Jack at Assistance Audio. He is the U.S. distributor for BMS.

And when you get them hooked up I will be interested to know how far down you pad them. I've got mine down 13.7dB using taps on the 3619 autoformer.

babadono

I did purchase a set from Assistance Audio on the advice of another member. Got a very good deal compared to what other online and Volti was selling them for. Plus, didn't have to pay anyone paypal fees :)

They will be connected to ALK Extreme slopes, I always enjoyed the K-55s on about -5, so I'm not sure where these will be. :)

Thanks!

Mike,

-12 was still just a wee bit too hot for my system/ears/room. Next taps available is -13.7

Gorm,

We are talking about the multiple taps that are available on the autotransformer that feeds the midrange driver. Adjusting the level by moving to different taps on the transformer is what I meant by "padding". To pad = cut down or turn down a signal level.

babadono

I am using the BMS 4592ND coaxials on K402 horns on DBB bass cabinets in 2-way (3-way based on the coaxials). I have ALK ESNs at 500Hz and these feed the BMS crossover for the coaxials. I am also using Al's 3619-ET autoformers. I am set on -4db. and the setup sounds fantastic.