Klipsch Rf-7 and Adcom 5802

ryder

Anyone test any klipsch speaker with adcom how will it sound it will be good for rf 7 home theater set think to buy 3x5802 adcom

I owned an Adcom GFA-6000 for a little while and tested it with my Heresys, RB-35's, and Quartets, and all combinations had very good results. However, I did not test it with my RF-63's which would have presented a tougher load. The GFA-6000 is a 5-channel(100x3, 60x2) amp that plays a lot more powerful than it's specs. The Adcom GFA-5802 is a beast of a 2-channel amp(300w/ch@8, 450w/ch@4, 48 pounds) that will have an easy time driving your RF-7's.

Bill

If that amp is 300 watts and a good price, what more do you want, lol. I seen quite a few forum members with Adcom amps and don't read about problems with the sound or qualitiy. Most power amps are going to be OK and will last years. Good clean power is the key with enough for transients peaks and you are golden!

just my opinion but a couple of matching stereo block amps of say 100 watts per channel used to vertically biamp will sound better than a single 300 watt per channel stereo amp use to drive the speaker pair. more watts is not what you need the most. Best regards Moray James.

I tried out a set of mono blocks and they didn't sound one bit different than my xpa-5. Now we all talk about bi-amping being only beneficial if your doing active crossovers? Are you saying two 100 watt mono blocks will sound better than say an xpa-2?

Have done this (all passive networks so far) enough times with enough different amps and speakers that I would never even consider going back to a single stereo amp (or just a pair of mono blocks). What I said is what I found, I cannot speak to your experience except to say YMMV. Best regards Moray James.

Mono blocks and Vertical bi-amping are different, In vertical bi-amp one channel is for the HF and the other for the LF. By sending the same signal there is less cross talk going on between the HF and LF sound. Can you really hear it? I tried it and did not hear a difference using two Yamaha M 70 stereo amps. I also tried horizontal bi-amping with the same result.

A mono block amp is simply half a stereo amp. Also the debate of less cross talk is used to explain it's benefit. It may have a more robust power supply. This should handle peaks and transient better. But, power in gobbs of excess is just unused power! It is also more cost and uses a lot more space to setup mono block. Once again it comes down to what we like and what signature look we want for our system

Even active Bi-amp may not be audible for everyone depending on how loud you listen, type of speaker and the type of media being used. Going from an A- to an A+ is not a hugh difference IMHO. The key point is adequate power to drive the speakers in an HT setup. Many avr's fall short in this department Even Pro amps are a good option for HT if you can isolate the fan noise and ugly looks, lol.