Bela Fleck 'Flight of the Cosmic Hippo'

philly0116

I cannot recommend this album strongly enough. I first heard the title track in Bob Crites office through his Jubilees. The lows on the title track were lows I have never heard before or experienced. As soon as I got home I ordered the cd for myself and when it arrived I was not disappointed. I have the Definitive Technology PF-15 sub and while it may not be the best sub in the world it can go low, 18hz to be exact, (however the human ear can only hear down to 20hz). I guarantee you the lows on that track reached every bit of what the sub could handle. In words I really can't convey how low it was. I have the titanic cd and this was lower. You need to order a copy of the cd and not only enjoy the music but feel the lows in that song. If you have heard it, maybe you can back me up on this! If there is anything you have heard that is extremely low please share!! I would like to hear it!!

Side note: Mr Crites told me that this is one of the songs that they will play at Klipsch in Indianapolis to demonstrate range of the speakers.

post-53642-0-80420000-1383709260_thumb.j

Edited by philly0116
  • Like 1

I haven't heard that one in years... I will have to dig out my cd and give it a listen again. I forgot that it was so good for bass... I will have to make it one of the first cds I listen to with my Triax sub when it arrives.

Edited by ellisr63
  • Like 1