FS: Acurus A250--$375.00--SOLD

willland

I have for sale an Acurus A250 2-channel amplifier that is rated at 250w/ch@8ohms and 350w/ch@4ohms, and a very conservative power rating it is. Multiple magazines have bench tested this amp at over 300w/ch@8ohms and over 500w/ch@4ohms. This amp really does provide the punch that many of us desire. This A250 is in very good condition inside and out with no scratches or blemishes to mention. One caveat, the power switch light has an occasional flicker as many of the first generation Acurus amps were known for.

The price of $375.00 includes better than professional packing, power cord, Fed Ex Ground shipping, and as always, I eat PayPal fee.

The last five completed sales on Ebay range from $355.00 plus shipping to $600.00 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking,

Bill

post-24680-0-80560000-1384995970_thumb.j

post-24680-0-52680000-1384995998_thumb.j

post-24680-0-59000000-1384996017_thumb.j

post-24680-0-55520000-1385654841_thumb.j

Edited by willland

• Moderators

Cause Amy won't let him add anything else to his signature. :P

Isn't the A250 pretty similar in design as the A200? If so, this is a sweet buy for someone. I love how the A200 sounds with my RF-7ii's. With 250 watts / ch of raw power with a lot of punch in the bass region, great separation and a really wide sound stage, the A250 will be a big improvement, especially for someone that is using just their receiver to power their speakers. I know the A200 sounds MUCH better, especially at high volume than my HK 3490 does by itself (and it's 125 x 2).

Best wishes with your sale Bill.

• Like 1

hmmmm. why are you selling all this stuff?

Nothing sinister here. :emotion-14:

As you can see from my gear profile, I got plenty to get me by, and my 5.1 setup in my master bedroom is not even listed. As Michael said, it's too long anyway. These Acurus amps are spares that I rotate in and out of my guest bedroom rigs that I really don't "need" with those systems. There may be a good chance I will keep one of them after two of the amps sell. We'll see. :unsure:

Scrappy, the A200/A200x3 in my RF-63/RC-64 rig ain't going nowhere. :angry::D

Bill

Edited by willland

Ok, help me with a question here and try not to just talk me into this. I can do that just fine on my own, thanks :) Currently I'm using my receiver to power just the rears @ 140wpc, and an XPA-5 for the fronts/center/sides. How much of a difference do you suppose this'll make if I use it to power my RF-7's and leave the XPA-5 (200wpc) to handle the other 5 channels. This would effectively relegate my receiver to "pre" status while leaving me with 250wpc for the fronts and 200wpc for the rest. As opposed to 200wpc for the main five speakers and 140wpc for the rears. I know that the 140w is plenty for my rears, in my room. My system gets screaming loud, with clarity, as is. So, I tend to think that the improvement will be only marginal....thoughts?

Hafta

stop

coming

to

this

forum

The problem is that I want everything listed and Bill is only 45 minutes from me. Youthman is only 30 minutes and these guys have WAY too much stuff.

Ron

Ron,

Stop by if you are in the area. We can do some demos and I am sure since you are a local boy, we could work out a better price for either Acurus or both.

Bill

Edited by willland

Hafta

stop

coming

to

this

forum

The problem is that I want everything listed and Bill is only 45 minutes from me. Youthman is only 30 minutes and these guys have WAY too much stuff.

Ron

Ron,

Stop by if you are in the area. We can do some demos and I am sure since you are a local boy, we could work out a better price for either Acurus or both.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I will stop by if I'm in your neck of the woods.

Ron

Ok, help me with a question here and try not to just talk me into this. I can do that just fine on my own, thanks :) Currently I'm using my receiver to power just the rears @ 140wpc, and an XPA-5 for the fronts/center/sides. How much of a difference do you suppose this'll make if I use it to power my RF-7's and leave the XPA-5 (200wpc) to handle the other 5 channels. This would effectively relegate my receiver to "pre" status while leaving me with 250wpc for the fronts and 200wpc for the rest. As opposed to 200wpc for the main five speakers and 140wpc for the rears. I know that the 140w is plenty for my rears, in my room. My system gets screaming loud, with clarity, as is. So, I tend to think that the improvement will be only marginal....thoughts?

If you have the itch for an amp, sooner or later you will buy one, that is what a lot have or doing, lol.

If you have the itch for an amp, sooner or later you will buy one, that is what a lot have or doing, lol.

I agree with you :) My thought is more along the lines of getting a larger two channel amp then this, or mono blocks, to power the RF-7's. So the mention of it putting out a higher wattage was intriguing. However, I'm actually skeptical that I'd even notice a difference unless I jumped into the 500w category. But really I think it's just the elusive upgrade bug biting me again. Sneaky bugger. I've been eyeing the XPA-2 for along time now, as well as the XPA-1's. Now with their new XPR line out, prices are becoming more within range on the first gen XPA line. That's good for those of us who already like Emotiva and are sold on their products. But I've read good things about Acurus and really I'm open to anything new and appealing, at the right price. There is a Parasound HCA-3500 twin mono block for sale on Audiogon that looks pretty darn sweet. For $1500, that is. http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-parasound-hca-3500-twin-mono-blocks-in-one-chassis-2013-10-29-amplifiers-94560-newark-ca

Well bill my 63's are in. I need to hurry and sell my icon wf's to see if the denn 1713 will run them worth a hoot. If not time to upgrade. This amp sure would be nice for em.

No offense to your Denon 1713, but I think an outboard amp may be in your future, either my Acurus or some other one.

Bill