Another potentially expensive hobby.......

tube fanatic

My kid is a cub scout. They had an experienced RC pilot come out to a local park and do a little flight show. It lasted about 45 seconds. The guy was flying his plane across the pond and, not sure why and I never asked, but the plane did a nose dive right into the pond shortly after take off. The only thing I heard was the pilot say was, "There goes $1200". When I was leaving the guy and his son were rowing a canoe out to try and salvage the wreckage.

I had a ton of RC cars and boats both electric and nitro. Only have 2 nitro cars and my origional rc10 that started the downward spiral of negative investments. It was fun for a while, started looking into flying, bought a RC glider, spent a week building it. Crashed it 2 minutes in. That marked the end of my RC aircraft adventure. I think the cheapest one was a boat powered by a weedeater engine. A lot harder to crash a boat and that engine was cheap to work on.