Suggestions for a solid bench top drill press....

Boxx

I'm sure they make a bench version of this drill press too. I bought one of these years ago and it still works well. Harbour Freight is good for some things.

http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-duty-16-speed-floor-drill-press-38144.html

I have the bench top version of that drill press. I have had it for almost 20 years, but I do not use it much. It comes in handy when needed. The benchtop one works, but it is flimsy. I want to replace it with a nice solid one when I build a shop.

Boxx, this digital inclinometer is a great asset when drilling at different angles. It also helps calibrate many shop toys.....like table saws!

http://www.amazon.com/Beall-Tool-14220-Tilt-Box/dp/B001DXFFBM

There are magnets on the side allowing it to fasten onto drill bits, saws, etc.

There might be Harbor Freight imitations of this that may work just as well. I've had this Tilt Box for a few years and haven't needed to look.

post-32510-0-13260000-1387584751_thumb.j

Edited by Rivernuggets

Boxx, this digital inclinometer is a great asset when drilling at different angles. It also helps calibrate many shop toys.....like table saws!

http://www.amazon.com/Beall-Tool-14220-Tilt-Box/dp/B001DXFFBM

There are magnets on the side allowing it to fasten onto drill bits, saws, etc.

There might be Harbor Freight imitations of this that may work just as well. I've had this Tilt Box for a few years and haven't needed to look.

Great Idea... I went ahead and ordered one... Thanks.

Should be here by the 2nd....

I love your optimism.

In regard to the delivery of the drill... I got this from the manufacturer (partial email).

Your merchandise weighs 97 pounds and will ship by truck freight via Saia Inc. They will call you at the telephone number you provided when you placed your order to schedule delivery. Please note that your delivery address must be tractor-trailer accessible, and truck drivers are usually not able to pull into the driveways of private residences.

In addition, truck drivers are not required to give assistance unloading, which means that you are responsible for unloading your freight at the curb and moving it to your shop or garage. If you do not wish to unload the freight on your own, the carrier will lower the freight from the truck to the ground for you using a liftgate for an additional cost of $34.00. If you would like to add liftgate delivery service to your order, please call us at (800) 523-4777 to provide a form of payment.

This is a first for me. I have never been told in advance that I would have to get a delivered item out of a truck before. If I need assistance, for a charge, I can use the lift gate. I have had Saia deliver here before and this process has never been mentioned. There is always something....

Edited by Boxx

Backing a pickup truck to the back of a dock height trailer might work out ok if you don't want to do the 100lbs all at once.

Not a bad idea... Geezeez, now I'll have to clean out the tree trimmings from the back of my pickup...

This is why I like to use Oregon Tool as much as possible. The owner will use his forklift to unload, store items inside, give me a call to pick up when I can, use his forklift to load items into my PU with his forklift. NO Charge. :D

Support local business. They often support local community non profit organizations and are willing to help out where they can.

John

• 3 weeks later...