The Three Things That Suck Most About the Beatles

thebes

Without looking it up - name the first song ever to use feedback.

The question itself is revealing. It is the baby boomer mentality. It's all about them. Because they didn't grow up knowing about Johnny Guitar Watson and others who influenced their heroes (but notice their heroes did) it doesn't matter to them. The answer they think they know is wrong, but it doesn't matter because for them it's right. Did I mention it's all about them? I am of course speaking in generalities. There are some such as Thebes who are the ultimate rebels, daring to challenge the conventional thought and seeing with his own eyes and hearing with his own ears. The rest are sheep.

Hmm? Have any of you guys listened to the 4 Beatles albums that made Rolling Stone's Top 10 all time albums? I mean, you are comparing some blues artists to the compositions in these albums, the albums in total? C'mon. Let's be serious.

When did I compare such a thing? This is a classic example of your style Mark. Change the point of attack. All I said was others pre-dated this technique. I'm not questioning the impact the band had on people like you. I'm not questioning their popularity. I'm not even saying I dislike them. But it seems in this cult anything said which questions some concept of supremacy is immediately denounced with cries of heresy.

Hmm? Have any of you guys listened to the 4 Beatles albums that made Rolling Stone's Top 10 all time albums? I mean, you are comparing some blues artists to the compositions in these albums, the albums in total? C'mon. Let's be serious.

When did I compare such a thing? This is a classic example of your style Mark. Change the point of attack. All I said was others pre-dated this technique. I'm not questioning the impact the band had on people like you. I'm not questioning their popularity. I'm not even saying I dislike them. But it seems in this cult anything said which questions some concept of supremacy is immediately denounced with cries of heresy.

Well, it took you a full three posts this time to make a personality argument. Snooze.
Another diversion from the actual thoughts in the post. Snooze.
  • Like 1

But in the cold light of day, there was so much more out there that were far, far better.

Marty,

Name an album or two that were better at the time than Sgt. Pepper. Better works of creativity.

I'm not Marty, but since it is a public forum, here are a few that depending upon ones taste are just as creative:

The Mothers of Invention--Absolutely Free

The Jimi Hendrix Experience---Are You Experienced

The Velvet Underground and Nico

The Doors

The Doors---Strange Days

The Moody Blues--Days of Future Passed

Bob Dylan---John Wesley Harding

• Like 2

I'm having a hard time trying to understand why we have to compare all these great bands in a competitive way. Why must one be more superior than the other? For many years I've puzzled over why The Beatles are better than The Rolling Stones or that John Denver is better than Elton John. Come-on, they're all great in their own way! I can't think of a Beatles song I dislike. Yes, some are better than others. What band can say more?

p.s. Moody Blues have always been one of my favorite bands along with the Beatles as well as a lot of other bands. Days of Future Past is one of the albums that really got me into listening to modern music.

Edited by pete.almquist