Which speakers for my computer:Klipsch or Bose

an_indian

lol, yeah Bose sucks... way overrated! At one time, I thought they were good, simply because I did'nt know any better and my sound "knowledge" was what you might call "limited." However since then, I've been enlightened.... thankfully I did'nt throw my money down the toilet...

------------------

I am Canadian!!!

I will certainly do that ears! I love to make them say, "i will have to get back to you" or, "hmmm, have you read the brochure?".

Oh how sad it is... I have now seen the HT's of three more of my friends. Tears almost brought to my eyes. They consist of bose. That makes 3 bose systems, 2 B&W's and 2 Klipsch's including mine. Joe (as if you know him...) has a Yamaha system, and another has a bottom end Mirage. I have convinced two of the three BOSE'rs that BOSE sucks, and they are pushing their parents for something other than BOSE.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

This is *really* funny!! If Bo$e happened to be any good they would show up on audiophile sites. I mean, they certainly have the right "audiophile price tag" but that's about it.

A somewhat famous Danish brand, Bang & Olufsen, comes to mind. It is all about design (it is widely known that they use Philips components), and the design is very expensive.

Bo$e tries another approach, mind washing. I mean, whenever you go on a trans-continental flight they have full page ads for "sound cancellation headsets" and what have you (they are *expensive*) Complete with diagrams and funky colours.

Heck, they even try to shove their clock radio down people's throats on those bargain price programs on cable. Tv shop, QVc or whatever :o(

No for the love of God, do not get anywhere NEAR Bo$se! I have only heard them once, when I was much younger. At that time my reference was something like a JVC mini-HIFI set, and compared to that, a Bo$e setup sounded allright. But I have never seen them in-store next to some half decent gear. Wonder why that is?

- Hardy

Hardy said:

This is *really* funny!! If Bo$e happened to be any good they would show up on audiophile sites. I mean, they certainly have the right "audiophile price tag" but that's about it.

Actually the do sometimes show up on audiophile sites - as the butt end of many a joke cwm32.gif.

Just for S&Gs, I have wondered into the local Best Buy to listen to thier "Wall-o-BO$e". Yep, they do sound like crap. Funny when I told the salesdroid that I'll stick with my Klipsch.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Hardy,

Wait untill you see and HEAR the Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE! Smile.gifSmile.gifSmile.gif

In bird's eye maple or gloss true piano black. MMMMM

B&W's Nautilus and ProAc Response 1SC can hide while they still can. Smile.gif

Please leats change the subject here,all this B0$e talk makes me ill.

cwm3.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hardy,

Wait untill you see and HEAR the Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE! Smile.gifSmile.gifSmile.gif

In bird's eye maple or gloss true piano black. MMMMM

B&W's Nautilus and ProAc Response 1SC can hide while they still can. Smile.gif

Please let's change the subject here,all this B0$e talk makes me ill.

cwm3.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

• 1 month later...

"Seriously the clarity in Bose compared to klipsch is like nite and day,"

The reason Bo$e may seem to have a clear sound is that they do not confuse the listeners ear with multiple frequencies, in other words the range of frequencies you would hear in music.

A good friend of mine has had a set of promedia for a few years and the only time his have not worked was when his cromagnon man of a roomate tripped over the wires leading to and from the sub, a few minutes well spent with a soldering iron and they were good as new.

The Bo$e systems some friends of mine own however have never worked. The most musical sound these Bo$e systems made was the squeaky noise the styrofoam packing made when they opened the box.9.gif

Interestingly enough the styrofoam they were packed in seemed to be the same material the speakers were made out of.

Seriously though I have had many friends tell me that the "high end expensive bose speakers are good stuff", these friends however have never heard a high end expensive system by Kipsch, Infiniti, JBL, Polk, or any other company for that matter.

Hopefully my scorn and invective towards bose will not be taken personally11.gif

Peace, Josh

On a serious note, Buying something just because the guy who started the company is from the same ethnic background as you is not really a valid reason for a purchase. I'm sure there are better ways to show support for people of your ethnicity then buying a product which is not generally speaking high quality.

Thats my two cents.

Peace, Josh

• 3 weeks later...

My neighbor spent the weekend assisting me in the repair of my Marantz receiver. We subsequently rocked the neighborhood with about six hours of music through my "lowly" Klipsch kg4's.

He's now trying to figure out a way to gracefully retire his Bose 701's.

What does that tell you?

Want sound for your computer? Run a line from your computer's sound card to a receiver's input jack. If it's driving almost any set of "audio" Klipsches, you're mind will probably be made up!

6.gif