Denon X4000 paired with what Klipsch speakers?

thewillienelson

I work at a retailer and I'll just come out and say that I get a discount. Haha I'm also looking at the Definitive Technology 1000 series after testing the 2 at my store.

thewillienelson,

You still haven't stated a budget you want to spend on speakers yet... Have you considered buying used so that you can get better speakers for the money you have to spend, AND, are you open to starting with just two speakers (depending on your budget) if it will get you a lot better sound than the surround setups you are looking at???

Roger

About $800 just for speakers and sub. Without wiring or anything else. Assume that I get 50% off to make that amount seem reasonable.

Thanks, Nelson

I work at a retailer and I'll just come out and say that I get a discount. Haha I'm also looking at the Definitive Technology 1000 series after testing the 2 at my store.

thewillienelson,

You still haven't stated a budget you want to spend on speakers yet... Have you considered buying used so that you can get better speakers for the money you have to spend, AND, are you open to starting with just two speakers (depending on your budget) if it will get you a lot better sound than the surround setups you are looking at???

Roger

About $800 just for speakers and sub. Without wiring or anything else. Assume that I get 50% off to make that amount seem reasonable.

Thanks, Nelson

Hi Nelson!

It is just my opinion, but I think you would be a lot happier with the sound if you got some heresyes used about $400, or some Forte IIs about $600 used, or some RF-5s used about $500.

These are all speakers that were never offered at any of the big chain stores that will give you a lot better sound for your money that you can build a home theatre system that will be killer around.

I highly suggest that if you are willing, you look these speakers up to see what you might like, then ask here on the forum for assistance in listening to what these models are capable of. As long as you don't mind driving, there are many on this forum that will allow you into there homes so you can listen for yourself, then you can truly make an informed decision on what is best for you.

We really do want to try to help you make the best descission for yourself!! Good luck.... Roger

• Like 1

id look for used on craigslist. The only speakers i have bought new was my ICON W setup and that was all like half off from newegg. All the other speaker gear in my signature has been bought used. The good thing is that if you buy right, you can dump them at break-even or profit if you don't like them or your needs change. We are a good sounding board for pricing if you need suggestions.

Def tech makes good speakers! I have never been a fan of "the sock" over the speakers but they make some pretty bang up hardware!

• Like 1

I think I am going to do 2 KF-28's for the front, KC-25, and a SW-450 for right now. Then I'll add the rear two speakers when I decide what is best for surround sound. I really wanted 4 speakers that were mountable.

The 2 KF-28's, KC-25, and SW-450 will cost: about $650

Either that, or go with a 5.1 Definitive Technology 1000 series 5.1 setup. The Def Tech setup will cost: $800. The def tech setup won't come with tower speakers like the Klipsch setup and that worries me due to your responses.

I've read online that the Def Tech will be a warmer sound where the Klipsch setup will be a more detailed sound. I feel like I would like the detailed sound better due to the games I play and stuff.

Edited by thewillienelson

I think I am going to do 2 KF-28's for the front, KC-25, and a SW-450 for right now. Then I'll add the rear two speakers when I decide what is best for surround sound. I really wanted 4 speakers that were mountable.

Either that, or go with a 5.1 Definitive Technology 1000 series 5.1 setup. The Def Tech setup will cost: $800. The def tech setup won't come with tower speakers like the Klipsch setup and that worries me due to your responses.

I've read online that the Def Tech will be a warmer sound where the Klipsch setup will be a more detailed sound. I feel like I would like the detailed sound better due to the games I play and stuff.

Hi Nelson,

In the end, it is your system and YOU are the only one that has to be happy with it. Klipsch speakers are very articulate in reproduction. I just wish you lived closer so you could hear what some Klipsch Heritage speaker and Klipsch Pro Cinema speakers sound like. They just don't have the Audio Botiques now like they did when I was a kid, that you can go listen to some of the higher end offerings.

Best regaurds... Roger

come on!!! Look at all the k series I have for sale under tons of gear for sale in the garage sale. Come on up here to Kansas City and demo then take em home. I'll give you a deal!

come on!!! Look at all the k series I have for sale under tons of gear for sale in the garage sale. Come on up here to Kansas City and demo then take em home. I'll give you a deal!

LOL, that is what I would be doing. Some people are freaked out by used gear.

Speakers, good quality ones will last and last and are easy to tell if there is a defect when you test before you guy.

AVRs and power amps can have latent defects that you may not notice until it is placed into your setup. I like to use my rotel stereo receiver example. I didn't test it but power it on and got home to find that one channel was way lower than the other with faders at 0 and a volume knob that worked here and there. The unit itself was in great condition and even had the plastic protecting the display still on it. It was a gamble at $250 and it was a loss, its a nice heavy paperweight. The unit is fixable but at another $300 probably. There are tons of people who buy used power amps and AVR's without a hitch though, i was just an unlucky few.

I really wanna buy some nice speakers like you guys are talking about but getting brand new RF-28's under warranty for $360 instead of the MSRP of $900 is a deal. I'm a senior in college and this is my first system build. I feel like it will be better to start with these now and no debt and then buy some Reference's or better once I get the down payment on my house under my belt. I'm only 3.5 hours from KC!

I really wanna buy some nice speakers like you guys are talking about but getting brand new RF-28's under warranty for $360 instead of the MSRP of $900 is a deal. I'm a senior in college and this is my first system build. I feel like it will be better to start with these now and no debt and then buy some Reference's or better once I get the down payment on my house under my belt. I'm only 3.5 hours from KC!

3.5 hours? come on! lol come buy you some used gear at a great price. i have driven much further than that to pick up gear.

I might be wrong here but here goes... I think if you buy a used set of say some Heresy speakers they will sound better than the RF-28s, and will cost you about the same (not to mention you can always get your money out of them if you ever want to upgrade)... No need to buy a new pair of speakers when the older models are better sounding for the same as a sweet deal on a new pair. If you decide down the road that you want to move up to even better speakers you can move your Heresys to the rear for surrounds. The RF-62 IMO would be much better than the RF-28s too.

Edited by ellisr63

lets be clear that the rf-28 is not a real speaker. :lol:

i would go out on a limb and say that most that are looking for quintets or kf series (lets call them modern looking) are not gonna want a heritage speaker in their room. and also piecing together a used heritage system consisting of say 5 herey's is much more difficult than a newer setup that is available at a store like best buy. although i will agree with you 100 percent about the heresy sounding much better than the KF-28.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the looks of the older speakers Haha but sound comes first. I've opened up and started looking at craigslist for Hersey's. There are plenty around here since I'm only 2 hours from Hope, AR where they were/are handmade. How do the Hersey's sound so good if they sit below ear level?

• Like 1

You can buy slant risers for them or make or buy stands to get them up where you need em. They are great sounding speakers for sure. I loved mine. But once the Cornwalls came it was a whole different world. So while we are on that kick just go ahead and save yourself the money and heartache and just buy some khorns.

• Like 1