A couple of RF 7II, RC 64II Questions

cdub5

Tasdom bought one that would work. I'm sure he will post a link

I had my tv on my 64 for a couple of weeks and I'm sure it would have been fine until I got paranoid I would damage it. :o

I had a riser (like Bill posted) on my previous VC25 that worked great but couldn't find a large one for the 64. I wound up finding a matching bench to my media console from the same manufacturer and just modified it and added in a shelf, works great.

This company has some nice ones that should work and will make to order from what I read.

http://www.syracusetvrisers.com/

Would be very easy just to make your own and less expensive as well....

FWIW, here's what I used, http://www.sunnydesigns.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_20&product_id=5306

post-51278-0-05820000-1390196928_thumb.j

post-51278-0-93700000-1390197110_thumb.j

• Like 1

Very nice. How exactly is the stb in that thing?

There's a 1/2" recess under the top of the stand. The Directv box is against that and the shelf riser and held with a 2" wide piece of flat metal I made and screwed to the underside of the top.

:)

----[________]----

Rf7iis A stock can be obtains from mike at ATS for 2k but like everyone says u have to call. I got mine for 2k A stock but it was a special pricing event back in October as usually they don’t sell that cheap I believe so I’m not 100% if they can be bought for that price shipped / new still. I would think for Klipsch Forum Members he will do his best though. I have purchased a lot of speakers through them they are by far the best I have dealt with. I bought 4 of my KS525s THX speakers there, my RF-7iis A stock and my JVC Projector A stock through him at a steal.

Anyone have any experience with B stock? Good or bad? Also, although I got to listen to the 7's, set up was pretty bad, and having the kids with me, and an awful salesman, the sample was pretty quick. How do these compare musically to the 82's? I like my speakers when watching movies, but many times I'm disappointed with them and music. Are the 7's a more musical speaker?

Cheap insurance and better footprint for loads on top of speakers and solid top (unvented) components - glass tops.

Khorns, La Scalas, RC-64II, RSW-15 are all plated. RSW requires vinyl discs under glass or it 'walks'.

I've been playing with edge lighting the glass on the Khorns. Hard get a decent low light image but it's a nice glow in an HT room. Right is cfl tube on one side edge and left is led on both corner edges in aluminum channel.

post-33164-0-86340000-1390266108_thumb.j
post-33164-0-41820000-1390266123_thumb.j

Good... very good.

More musical... you posted this thread in the HT forum.

To me, the 7ii's are better in every respect... which means a lot because the 82's are NO SLOUCH.

I use the speakers primarily for home theater, but I do enjoy music as well. Just wondering how they compared to what I have already. Never that impressed with my 82's with music. Figured others in this forum listen to music as well. Seems people discuss both in these threads.

I've been very pleased with the 7's music wise. Very dynamic, big sound stage, just a bad a$$ speaker. I will say though having head room power wise will make a difference in the quality of your sound. I can hear an appreciable difference between my Onkyo and my XPA-2. What are you powering your 82's with?

• Moderators

Do you think it might not be the speakers but other components in the chain? I know for me, I was never satisfied for 2ch when I had my Onkyo or Yamaha. Both were fantastic for HT but just did not suit my ears for 2ch listening. The Onkyo and Yamaha did not have the musical separation that I like. Have you tried any other brands besides Pioneer for 2ch? I tried several brands and eventually came back to my love of HK.

I've used a Yamaha prior to the Pioneer. I definitely prefer the Pioneer. I'm not savvy enough to truly describe what my issue is with the klipsch musically. When you read reviews, people describe it as they feel like they are at a live show. If they closed their eyes, they would believe the performers were in their living room. Wide sound stage, lots of depth, etc. That's what i would love to get, I just don't with the 82's. Maybe it's equipment, or set up, or source. Recently I was at a magnolia (not one inside BB) with my father testing stereo amps for him. We first tried Sonus Faber, as well as bowers & wilkins, Just to test the amps. My dad hated both (he is a big fan and long time owner of Ohm speakers). I didn't hate both, but it was my first time hearing the Sonus, but literally after 5 seconds of hearing them my dad said I don't like those at all, and the rep turned them off. Then to the Bowers. Honestly, never been that impressed with them. Maybe their HIGH end stuff is amazing with lots of juice, but they always seem underwhelming. We then had him put on the Martin Logan ESL's. I've heard these before, and they were nice in the past. VERY directional, but crisp, clear "bright", not exactly like Klipsch, but similar, to my unprofessional ears. For some reason this time, even with the Logans being "directional", they really filled the room with very nice sound. We were all surprised, to the point where my dad bought a pair. Granted they were running off a peachtree tube integrated stereo amp, which probably helped a lot. Not saying I want the logans, because I feel Klipsch is better with home theater, but these logans were almost twice the price of my 82's. That's what sent me on this hunt to hear/see the RF 7's. I know price doesn't always mean much, but I was intrigued. I really wanted to hear the logans on the $4500 McIntosh amp they had, but like most of the equipment there it wasn't working properly for some reason. That's the long short of it. Hope I made sense. Comes down to wanting that room filling sound, where I feel the music envelop me, as if it's live, instead of feeling like it's just sort of "yelling" at me. Again, I do enjoy them with home theater.

• Moderators

When you read reviews, people describe it as they feel like they are at a live show. If they closed their eyes, they would believe the performers were in their living room. Wide sound stage, lots of depth, etc.

That's what I hear with the RF-7ii's and the RF-83's. Very "BIG" sound, especially compared to my first Klipsch speakers, the CF-2's. Both are MUCH more enveloping.

If you are ever in the Tampa/Orlando area, you are welcome to stop by to hear the RF-7ii, RF-83 and the RF-7's.

Thanks Youthman, appreciate the invite. I'm out here in Cali, so pretty far away. Maybe if my father convinces me to move to Fla, like he's been trying for years, I'll take you up on that. There a several members' set ups I would love to hear. Very impressive stuff.